Wanted Heat shield (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looking for the front exhaust manifold heat shield .... thanks

for what type of truck ?

more details or a diagram or photo

its the front shield for the intake exhaust manifold on a 78 fj 40 2F....
if anyone can help

I believe I have one ..I will get a picture later. I believe one is shown with exhaust manifold.

IMG_7892.jpg

Last edited:
the piece with the warm air intake to the air cleaner?

here's the early metal one and pics of the later cloth one. the later ones generally look like this one in the pic.

DSCF2186.JPG

DSCF2187.JPG

DSCF2188.JPG

DSCF2189.JPG

Yup. That’s about what mine look like too.

Years ago I was going to make some cloth ones using muffler wrap cloth and soaking it with type S mortar, (paper mache). Never did.

Years ago I was going to make some cloth ones using muffler wrap cloth and soaking it with type S mortar, (paper mache). Never did.

LOL. Anywhere but commi-fornia. Here you’d need an EPA permit to do it. :rolleyes:

Im not sure the difference between the 76 year and 77-78. I guess the exhaust manifold was different but looks close. The front is the one I need... Are you selling? Thanks

Im not sure the difference between the 76 year and 77-78. I guess the exhaust manifold was different but looks close. The front is the one I need... Are you selling? Thanks

IIRC, The tin heat shield was used on the single piece manifold used in 75&76, while the fabric one (that always falls apart) was used on the 77 and newer. I don’t remember what was used on the Cali-spec model with the thermal reactor. Maybe @Fast Eddy or @iptman remembers.

HTH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom