Heat Shield for Holley Sniper Carb on 1972 FJ40 1F (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi ih8mudders!

I bought a Holley Sniper for my 1972 FJ40 with a 1F engine. I see Redline Cruisers has a 2F shield listed. Does anyone know of a 1F shield @RLMS & @Boing ?

We are trying to get it running today!! Wooohoo!

Thanks,

Matt

There's always homemade. "LINK"

Someone could make a few $$ making those😁 for mud members. I know of at least two customers! Thanks for sharing the link. I have a sniper sitting in a box wondering the same thing about heat. Everything to buy is 2F.

1F never had a heat shield, was never a problem on low pressure carbureted vehicles until the fuel blends started to change. Then you see heat shields and carb fans on the later land cruiser engines. Heat shield was a bandaid for easily evaporated gas in the low pressure system of a carb.

Your sniper will be doing everything at high pressure like modern fuel injected vehicles. There is not a reservoir of fuel sitting there over the exhaust manifolds at atmospheric pressure waiting to boil off.

Bottom line, it would be nice, may help protect the components of the sniper from heat exposure, but in reality, everything under the hood will get hot, heat shield or not. It should be fine without it.

Hi ih8mudders!

I bought a Holley Sniper for my 1972 FJ40 with a 1F engine. I see Redline Cruisers has a 2F shield listed. Does anyone know of a 1F shield @RLMS & @Boing ?

We are trying to get it running today!! Wooohoo!

Thanks,

Matt
Matt sorry Our Sniper heat shields only fit the 2F intake manifolds. The 1F intakes dont have any threaded bosses to mount the heat shield to.

Justin

Matt sorry Our Sniper heat shields only fit the 2F intake manifolds. The 1F intakes dont have any threaded bosses to mount the heat shield to.
That reminds me. The manifold in that link I gave is off a 69 F. I'll update that thread in the link. With a pic.

I used adhesive heat reflecting material on the bottom of the Sniper and the fuel rail on my 2F. Cheap and easy.

BTG88, can you send a pic of your solution mentioned above. I finally have most of the issues worked out with my sniper install (f.5 engine) but recently ran in to excessive heat and fuel boil. I have headers and have insulated the fuel lines. After 30 or so minutes of idling along a trail it ran lean and then shut off. Once cooled off it started right up and got it home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom