Heat kills and need advice (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Managed to get the air rail off without breaking it, great success. But, one of the injection nozzles broke off in the air rail. Any recommendations for removing this?
FB9F3D8A-280D-46D3-957B-F9FB25A125B8.jpeg

Also, is this valve thingy removable? It is very plugged.
20DCF506-A0FB-4EBA-81BE-3B9EDE5BCCA4.jpeg

Thanks

I've got no idea on the broken threads

the check valve is removable, it is threaded on, hold the lower part with 2 flats while removing the upper with 6 flats, Heat will help.

Thanks on the check valve. I’m going to submerge the thread in some type of penetrating oil for a few days then see if I can cut little notches into the broken thread then make a two pronged screwdriver to span the copper and engage in those notches. My guess is it won’t work and I’m going to have to sacrifice part of the air rail and have it rebuilt… if anyone has a better idea then please let me know.
More heat destroys everything photos, it’s crispy:
44EB2AE8-5CC0-488B-B8CC-594F710DF24B.jpeg

Every bolt, stud and gasket is thrashed. Look at the heat on this bolt:
691763C5-BBEC-4D19-AF69-0918D7C45B6F.jpeg

And this engine block ‘heater’ that som PO installed really did it’s job of warming the block:
87AAC30E-D01E-49C3-9271-0C1F6C1BCD05.jpeg

Not sure what your end game is with the air injection manifold, but if the plan was to clean it up and reinstall it for emissions purposes, I can tell you that one disabled injection nozzle won’t affect a tailpipe test at all.
I had a messed up air injection nozzle on a 2F that was sealed shut and the engine passed smog tests (easily) for 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom