Heat gun, alignment, or new UCAs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have owned my new to me land cruiser for about 2.5 months. It has a tough dog suspension, evo course rims, and 285 wild peaks. I am pretty certain it’s on factory UCAs, and I just noticed some rubbing on the front wheel well when in reverse.

I’m looking at some options to address; I am not sure the heat gun trick would work, and I suppose I can have the alignment shop take a look. I thought about biting the bullet and getting new UCAs since everything else suspension wise has already been touched. What would you do in my shoes?

8E5B431A-8F47-4F0D-98F0-C6EE459418EE.jpeg

B98FA313-043E-4665-9834-4A3C32F8D2EC.jpeg

Just for other people’s info.. 285/70? 75? 17 or 18? What wheel offset? How much taller than stock?

It's all plastic liner up there. Super easy 10minute fix. Take the 2 screws out bottom of the liner, pull it forward about 1", and re-drill locating holes in the plastic to pin it at that new more forward location.

This thread should help:

Same thing can be done for 35s, by pulling forward the liner even more.

It's all plastic liner up there. Super easy 10minute fix. Take the 2 screws out bottom of the liner, pull it forward about 1", and re-drill locating holes in the plastic to pin it at that new more forward location.

This thread should help:

thanks, super helpful,

It’s easier to move the fender liner forward. Unscrew the bottom, reposition the liner and screw back in.
Mine is a bit different on the 2019. Only two screw

This thread should help:

mine looks a bit different.

5CF28F18-3080-401C-8D22-3CE3FEA38141.jpeg

Not surprised as the LC has a shorter chin than the LX. Looks like the same strategy could work. The part with the holes, pull that forward deeper into the bumper.

Not surprised as the LC has a shorter chin than the LX. Looks like the same strategy could work. The part with the holes, pull that forward deeper into the bumper.

Chaps my ass I can put bigger tires on my wife’s LX easier than I can on my Cruiser...AND fit it in the garage in low. Something I can’t do either 😞

Chaps my ass I can put bigger tires on my wife’s LX easier than I can on my Cruiser...AND fit it in the garage in low. Something I can’t do either 😞
I smell an AHC conversion in your future..

285/70/17, ego course wheels are -40 offset
Running that setup, no way are you rubbing on the A-arms. At least that’s how I read your question. I also wouldn’t run new arms on 2” of lift. The real test is to take it in for an alignment. If they can’t get you into factory specs then I’d start shopping arms. Until then, unnecessary.

Running that setup, no way are you rubbing on the A-arms. At least that’s how I read your question. I also wouldn’t run new arms on 2” of lift. The real test is to take it in for an alignment. If they can’t get you into factory specs then I’d start shopping arms. Until then, unnecessary.
Thanks, are the a arms the inner front finder well?

I smell an AHC conversion in your future..

Surprised Toyota didn’t offer it in the last few 200 series years in the US like they did with the 100.

Aside from AHC and ML stereo, European blinkers and the courtesy windshield wipe after cleaning are the only feature differences between my folks’ 20 LX and my 20 Cruiser.

No. A-arms=UCA. I could have been more specific. My apologies. I just trimmed my mudflaps in that area you’re hitting. Super easy and quick.
Gotcha, what did you use to trim? Is there a hole there now? I think the heat gun might work to push that in a bit.

Surprised Toyota didn’t offer it in the last few 200 series years in the US like they did with the 100.

Aside from AHC and ML stereo, European blinkers and the courtesy windshield wipe after cleaning are the only feature differences between my folks’ 20 LX and my 20 Cruiser.
Your LC doesn’t courtesy wipe after cleaning? My 13 LC does...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom