Healthy fusible link photo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hammer45

SILVER Star
Threads
7CFA8401-23D4-43B6-968B-5228B1A6875F.jpeg
Howdy again from central Texas. Does anyone have a picture of healthy appearing wiring coming from the positive post of the battery to the fusible links so I can repair mine with a close approximation of the original?

233D5E34-CB01-4085-AC92-07CA2ACBF7DA.jpeg
690FA296-2635-4CE9-826F-17702AB330ED.jpeg
I’m learning that there are lots of ways to skin this cat. @ToyotaMatt sent me a new post with 2 ring connectors and a fusible link already in place. I think the supplied one is supposed to go to the yellow wire leading to the EFI. I suspect the blue which is a larger gauge will need to have the o ring removed then split into 3 wires to go into the larger triple FL. And the black should also have the o ring removed and attached to the large gauge white wire that I think goes to the headlights eventually. #1 is what I have on the vehicle and #2 is the new post sent from ToyotaMatt.

Why not just buy a new one? They're still available from the dealer.
Thought the FJ62 links weren’t available, just the 60’s. Mine is a 1989 FJ62.

Seth that looks to be a connector between 2 different fusible links. Or is that an illusion?
That connector is the fusible link. I posted the 60 version. But those 3 wires are the "fusible link". the idea being that in the event of a problem they fail and you replace that piece.

Maybe this thread will help:

That is the thread I have been looking thru. Just hate to cut off those pretty o ring clamps to fit into that triple FL

I think I am missing a FL that protects the white wires that go to the alternator. They are pretty heavy gauge and the manual states the fusible link is a 1.25B FL. I’m not sure what size fuse should go here.

The colour chart in that thread is correct.

IF you decide to use a fuse, then I strongly suggest a MIDI fuse, they are designed to be slow blow and will mimic a fusible link. A standard ATO/ATC etc is fast blow and isn't appropriate for a fusible link replacement.

cheers,
george.

The colour chart in that thread is correct.

IF you decide to use a fuse, then I strongly suggest a MIDI fuse, they are designed to be slow blow and will mimic a fusible link. A standard ATO/ATC etc is fast blow and isn't appropriate for a fusible link replacement.

cheers,
george.
awesome tip! thanks. d

View attachment 2827344View attachment 2827342I’m learning that there are lots of ways to skin this cat. @ToyotaMatt sent me a new post with 2 ring connectors and a fusible link already in place. I think the supplied one is supposed to go to the yellow wire leading to the EFI. I suspect the blue which is a larger gauge will need to have the o ring removed then split into 3 wires to go into the larger triple FL. And the black should also have the o ring removed and attached to the large gauge white wire that I think goes to the headlights eventually. #1 is what I have on the vehicle and #2 is the new post sent from ToyotaMatt.

If you require Additional OEM Yazaki Female Or Male 6.3mm SOLID Brass Spade Terminals Please PM me , how many and what Gender etc ....

Ill Be Happy to mail them Out Right away , NO cost involved .....fyi

The BLACK RUBBER Disc. is called a PLUG or Grommet , u MUST PHISH your Exitsing LINK Leeds or Wires thu it Prior to Crimping NEW SOLID BRASS Yazaki Spade Terminals onto them ...fyi

DO NOT forget this step by steps procedure , NO 2nd chances to get the thu tiny rubber holes otherwise

also : the USA Spec: FJ62 FJ62LG-PNEA 9/87-1990

Fusible Links have been Disc. NLA for well over 10+ years solid ..........

sad but true .......... :confused:

so we press on and use what we can still Source globally to mend this fence best we can , no other options i am aware of ?

89 FJ62 here too.... I discovered, to my embarrassment after 2+ years of driving, that the PO put the alternator fusible link back together ... with electrical tape. that's when i learned, yup, there are no easy answers here. at first, i took 16 gauge fusible link wire and fabricated replacements. but that felt just as hacky as what the PO did (i get different answers from different folks but my math led me to believe 16.5 gauge would be the closest to 1.25 mm^2). so i bought the FJ80 version and clipped out the alt wire from it, as that's 1.25 mm^2, and i'm using that instead. so far so good :crosses fingers:

View attachment 2827344View attachment 2827342I’m learning that there are lots of ways to skin this cat. @ToyotaMatt sent me a new post with 2 ring connectors and a fusible link already in place. I think the supplied one is supposed to go to the yellow wire leading to the EFI. I suspect the blue which is a larger gauge will need to have the o ring removed then split into 3 wires to go into the larger triple FL. And the black should also have the o ring removed and attached to the large gauge white wire that I think goes to the headlights eventually. #1 is what I have on the vehicle and #2 is the new post sent from ToyotaMatt.
That connector is the fusible link. I posted the 60 version. But those 3 wires are the "fusible link". the idea being that in the event of a problem they fail and you replace that piece.

Maybe this thread will help:

images

2AOXddTNAn_B8cB5L1y7yyXV7n2IqTwV-gIbxFfT_8Jq3l5bXc9PmqmoDM5PeLSUQSois2ExlZLQNz5mh51SF_curOrOnBFqGvhrQh3H5o15GcCZ4vNXF_mM1ucY9KiBtcfyN9xUy0SWgExjok3V1BED4kaJkhjrqYq1

20141012_151158jpg.image.550x550.jpg

hZ4emhS.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom