Headliner? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ripping out my headliner today.
Partly because it is torn up
Partly because I am bored/curiouse

Have you guys/gals ever made your own replacment liner. Using the factory bows and clips?

If not have you .....

Bassicaly looking for some ideas that work well.

My intentions are light offroading, camping and daily driving

And I prefer function over form

Thank you mucho!

Mines been ripped out for a long time, but I still have a bunch of the insulation crap stuck to the roof. I plan on wire wheeling it off and just putting some kind of coating on the roof. Probably the durabak same as on the outside.

I pulled my headliner out, with no intentions of putting it back in from what i've heard it does to the roof gutters, rusting from inside to out from trapped moisture.
my roof has some rust there, yet to be fixed.
I welded up the holes for the bows while fixing the interior, so it'll look better when i put something else there.
i went to a local second hand/scrapyard and bought some upholstery with a very thick backing for very cheap. i might only just have enough as i bought the last little bits of two different coloured rolls, one is black and the other is grey, maybe i can colour the grey to make black, and then just glue that to the roof.
If not i'll also have to look for other ideas.

I removed all of the torn up insulation crap on my roof. IN a rust prone vehicle, insulation where condensation is most likely is not a good idea. My pig came with no headliner. So I thought I'd replace it. This was one of the first things I did to my pig when I got it. Especially at the time, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. I got the first two bows/sections tightend pretty good, and then realized there wasn't a lot of tucking I could do without damaging my old window rubber. So I just threw it in there all saggy since I already went through the difficulties of sliding all of the bows in and trimming the liners for the roof clips. It still looks better than no headliner though. The SOR headliner was kind of a poor fit at the door pillars and at the edge of the windshield. When stretched, these didn't align all too well.

In retrospect, a thick perforated interior foam covered in perforated vinyl would look great stuck up there. Just a spray on, like a rhinoline or something would work good, but beauty would be in the eye of the beholder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom