Headliner Speaker Covers....why won't they stay on?!?! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone have any bright ideas besides double sided tape or velcro....that isn't working out too well.

Am I just a jackass as usual or is there something I'm missing here that keeps them in place??

41425F9E-1AA5-4204-A6A3-636F2AFC189C.jpeg
4AA4EB9B-AEB8-4C4F-9FB3-F7D610F0C9F1.jpeg

I had the same problem with the speaker cover. It looks as though yours, like mine, has broken protrusions that snap into place in the fixed housing of the speaker. I just used some clear silicone on the remaining part of the cover protrusions and they have stayed up for several months now. New parts seem to have been discontinued.

You broke them taking them off. I know because I broke mine too. I was unplugging and removing the factory speakers because I eliminated those speakers from my sound system, and I ended up drilling holes in my speaker covers and using long screws into the factory speaker mounting brackets to hold the covers on. My specific solution won't work for you but maybe you can come up with some kind of backing to screw to and make your own mount.

I had the same problem with the speaker cover. It looks as though yours, like mine, has broken protrusions that snap into place in the fixed housing of the speaker. I just used some clear silicone on the remaining part of the cover protrusions and they have stayed up for several months now. New parts seem to have been discontinued.

Thanks for the reply, so you don't plan to ever take the covers off I take it? That would work though...

You broke them taking them off. I know because I broke mine too. I was unplugging and removing the factory speakers because I eliminated those speakers from my sound system, and I ended up drilling holes in my speaker covers and using long screws into the factory speaker mounting brackets to hold the covers on. My specific solution won't work for you but maybe you can come up with some kind of backing to screw to and make your own mount.

Yea the previous owner or owners, I've cleaned up a lot of their messes and it has cost me a silly amount of money.

Why do you say that solution wouldn't work?

Yea the previous owner or owners, I've cleaned up a lot of their messes and it has cost me a silly amount of money.

Why do you say that solution wouldn't work?
I don't have a speaker behind mine anymore, you have a speaker mounted to the holes that I mounted the cover to.

image_6487327.JPG

I don't have a speaker behind mine anymore, you have a speaker mounted to the holes that I mounted the cover to.

View attachment 3300984

Gotchya, but the speaker I do have in there does have multiple mounting points....places to put screws in.

So actually that could work! I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

Did you just drill through no problem? Didn't crack anything?

Gotchya, but the speaker I do have in there does have multiple mounting points....places to put screws in.

So actually that could work! I'll have to check it out tomorrow.

Did you just drill through no problem? Didn't crack anything?
Yeah the plastic drilled fine, no cracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom