Headliner çleaner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am going to clean the Headliner of the 60 and was wondering
what cleaner does the best job. Please post your thoughts and
what products you have used to clean it. It has light soil so there
is no really bad spots to speak of other then the normal soil by
the doors from hand oil. thx

-Jimk

By that i assume you mean because one liner is vinyl and one
is cloth? Just what is Tuff Stuff?

if its the vinyl headliner, use Westlys Bleach White, its old school white wall tire cleaner and is awsome stuff. If its cloth, I would take a good shop vac to it 1st and see if that doesn't do it(but don't use the Bleach White on cloth)

notagp_afj55 said:
By that i assume you mean because one liner is vinyl and one
is cloth? Just what is Tuff Stuff?

My 62 has the felt type headliner that is prevalent in most vehicles today. Username?'s 60 has a vinyl type headliner that has perferations in it... I am not sure if these two examples are indiciative of all 60's and 62's.

From a description on the interwebbie...

"STP Tuff Stuff is perfect for cleaning any washable or painted surface. Deep cleaning foaming action lifts dirt and helps restore true color and appearance. For autos and boats, Tuff Stuff is especially effective for cleaning vinyl and fabric upholstery, floor mats, carpet and chrome. For home, Tuff Stuff is excellent for cleaning appliance, Formica, bathroom fixture, asphalt or ceramic tile, painted wall, wall coverings, screens window, fans, porcelain, painted wood or metal. Removes soil and stains from vinyl or fabric upholstery and carpets. 22 oz.

Note: This item cannot be shipped via 2nd Day Air"

and a pic

as192_3X.jpg

From reading the description, it may work on both.

I've had 2 cans sitting in my garage for well over a year now with every intention of trying it on my carpet.

TuffStuff is goodstuff on cloth materials. Comes in a spray can and can be found at most auto parts stores.

headliner changed in around 85 to cloth, same time as the center console changed.....all 62's in the US have cloth

tcb said:
My 62 has the felt type headliner that is prevalent in most vehicles today. Username?'s 60 has a vinyl type headliner that has perferations in it... I am not sure if these two examples are indiciative of all 60's and 62's.

t.[/QUOTE
]

Thanks, My Headliner is vinyl but i dont think it has perforations in it
rather just little dimples. I just want to give it a good cleaning as i am
sure the previous owners never did and its starting to look a little ratty

Landpimp said:
if its the vinyl headliner, use Westlys Bleach White, its old school white wall tire cleaner and is awsome stuff. If its cloth, I would take a good shop vac to it 1st and see if that doesn't do it(but don't use the Bleach White on cloth)

Bleach White is the best tire stuff ever. I'd have never thought of using it on vinyl interiors.

notagp_afj55 said:
Thanks, My Headliner is vinyl but i dont think it has perforations in it
rather just little dimples. I just want to give it a good cleaning as i am
sure the previous owners never did and its starting to look a little ratty

His might just be dimpled too, i didn't pay *that* close of attention to it other than to note that I liked it better than mine.;)

Pimp

Are the instructions on the Westleys bottle ok to follow for cleaning
the Headiner or is there a better way to apply it and clean with
it?

I used 409 oxy magic on my vinyl headliner works really good...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom