Headlights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Been awhile since I did anything with my 40.. so thought it was time to due some upgrades.. bought a headlight kit from toyota after reading a couple threads and getting a part number for it..
Funny thing was asking the parts guy at toyota about the upgrade kit.. soon as I said 73 fj40 he said no..
Changed his tune when I gave him a part number and it came up.. so
$67 plus tax and I get this.. headlights and wiring harness with relays and zap straps. ..
See if this solves my dim headlights.
Still working on the dash lights

20200818_110951.jpg

Nice! That seems like a really good deal.

It's too bad the latest generation of parts guys in Victoria are such idiots though. I can't even give them a part number and get anything (as they won't do anything without a north american VIN).

Nice! I got that kit from Rob. It is a great upgrade. Koito? Lights?

Yes Koito lights..
As for toyota they didn't ask for a Vin.. they did look me up in there system so maybe my Vin was on file

I’m not sure what’s included in your kit. From experience I can tell you that rewiring the headlights and switching to H4 halogen bulbs makes a huge difference. Even with standard 55-60W bulbs they’re brighter than the headlights in many new cars. I’d recommend euro pattern lights over ones that don’t have a sharp cutoff line.

I haven't looked at the instructions yet but it looks like a decent harness with relays for the h4s .. and a toyota part so will see what happens. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom