Headlights upgrade to projector questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I brought a new 22 Bronco outer bank last year to replace my 02 LC. Retirement so why not as it turns out we loved our LC so much that we couldn’t part with her. The Bronco got two recall right off the bet, it was a beautiful 2 doors but not practical getting our grandkids in n out. They wanted us to keep the LC too. One issue with the LC is the much weaker light at night driving with my old eye. Sone reviews on LED bulbs suggested that just like a flood light. I found this guy on you tube where you send your headlight for upgrade, it’s not cheap at $1,200 but seems worth irbid it could move the head lights to modern era. What are your thoughts and experiences? Thanks a lot!

Lightwerkz is a good company and I've bought from them a few times. The parts they are using are good quality.

I haven't done my LC yet, but I added HID headlights on my 2001 Sequoia and it's a huge difference! Best mod I ever did.

Last edited:
It's a worthwhile upgrade for sure. If you can't diy than that's not a terrible price considering the labor involved and the tremendous upgrade in safety you're going to get.

My old lights were terrible, I almost hit a dead elk on the highway one night at 70mph, couldn't see it until the last second and barely missed it. Would have done some pretty serious damage assuming I could have even kept it on the road after that. That's when I knew it was time to stop taking chances and just do the upgrade already.

@rock climber agreed that Lightwerkz is a good vendor, spoken to him and seems very knowledgeable and competent. Question on your experience on HID in lieu of LED, I was going to do the projector light but the recent improvement on Morimoto LED makes it a better choice without taking the light assembly apart therefore reliability ie less moisture issues, economical $1200 vs $200 and installation. I think projector light still the ultimate tho. Your thoughts? Seldom drive at night but when I do definitely needs upgrade, my other car is a e39 M5 with HID but still not as good as modern cars. Thanks !

@rock climber agreed that Lightwerkz is a good vendor, spoken to him and seems very knowledgeable and competent. Question on your experience on HID in lieu of LED, I was going to do the projector light but the recent improvement on Morimoto LED makes it a better choice without taking the light assembly apart therefore reliability ie less moisture issues, economical $1200 vs $200 and installation. I think projector light still the ultimate tho. Your thoughts? Seldom drive at night but when I do definitely needs upgrade, my other car is a e39 M5 with HID but still not as good as modern cars. Thanks !

I could never find a good LED bulb for a reflector housing so it would always scatter light and blind other drivers. These were always the amazon junk though, I put the morimoto 2 stoke led in a friend's car that came with halogen projectors and those were amazing. If morimoto fixed the scatter on the 2 stroke I think those would be a killer upgrade.

I have heard of people having good luck with these mini projectors though Amazon product ASIN B0B7JMTGLJ

I sent Lightwerkz a set of new Tacoma housings and had them do a retrofit for my 07 Taco. They are awesome...no leaks/condensation and the work looks good too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom