Headlights/taillights problem (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A while back the taillights and sidemarkers on my 40 quit working. I checked the fuse under the dash and it's fine. The brake lights and turn signals still work. A while later, the headlights quit working. I have Snake Eye headlights, which have a turn signal incorporated into the bottom of the light, and those (the turn signals) still work. I'm thinking the headlight switch may have gone bad, unless someone has another idea.

How is the headlight switch removed?

Thanks

Could be a bad switch or a loose wire. Have you looked behind the dash panel to see the switch? As far as removing it, unscrew the set-screw from the bottom of the knob, unscrew the knob, take the retainer off and the switch should come off. Don't forget to unplug it first!

A while back the taillights and sidemarkers on my 40 quit working. I checked the fuse under the dash and it's fine. The brake lights and turn signals still work. A while later, the headlights quit working. I have Snake Eye headlights, which have a turn signal incorporated into the bottom of the light, and those (the turn signals) still work. I'm thinking the headlight switch may have gone bad, unless someone has another idea.

How is the headlight switch removed?

Thanks

Was your problem resolved?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom