Headlights - Can We Make a Definative Guide/Thread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Grimmjow

YūGEN
Threads
Website
www.instagram.com
Ok, I've done my due diligence and searched the forum, but most the threads I found are outdated or don't provide all the info needed. I need a new set of lamps, housing and all. I'm not looking for a retrofit or how much of a tan I can get by standing in front of them. Just a solid plug-n-play option.

I've found the following and would love the community's opinions on if you've used them, any pointers for install, and rewiring that has to be done, or if I should just flat out avoid them.

Exhibit 1.) Dual Halo's

2020-03-27_17-37-53.jpg

Exhibit 2.) Wrap Around Angel Eyes

2020-03-27_17-39-14.jpg

Exhibit 3.) Depo's (Hoping these are actually in stock)

2020-03-27_17-41-00.jpg

I do like the updated look of the second one, and it goes with what I'm attempting to do look-wise for my rig (91). So, thoughts? Warnings? Any input is appreciated!

About the only definitive thing you will find is that Depo is the way to go unless you stick with OEM. Glass lenses are king.

About the only definitive thing you will find is that Depo is the way to go unless you stick with OEM. Glass lenses are king.
/end thread

Ok, I've done my due diligence and searched the forum, but most the threads I found are outdated or don't provide all the info needed. I need a new set of lamps, housing and all. I'm not looking for a retrofit or how much of a tan I can get by standing in front of them. Just a solid plug-n-play option.

I've found the following and would love the community's opinions on if you've used them, any pointers for install, and rewiring that has to be done, or if I should just flat out avoid them.

Exhibit 1.) Dual Halo's

View attachment 2251311

View attachment 2251312

View attachment 2251314

I do like the updated look of the second one, and it goes with what I'm attempting to do look-wise for my rig (91). So, thoughts? Warnings? Any input is appreciated!

I have the first brand, they are Anso's or here it looks like Spec-D?

if you have a '93/'94 they are a pain in the arse to hook up, they don't exactly fit. They fit '95-'97. I have had issues with them on several occasions, mostly wiring, but I've got them running...for now. I love them.

They give the 80 a pretty slick facelift, IMO, and have a subtle blue hue that is pretty awesome. I won't go back to the OEM. I have shiny object syndrome when it comes to my LC.

Zona

I don't know anything about the LC headlights specifically but I have a set of Spec-D taillights on my 2012 Scion tC and the fit is ok but leaves something to be desired. I wouldn't buy the LC headlights.

Exhibit 2. I run these, only in the chrome version. They were sent with 55w bulbs in both the low and high beams. Compared to stock with HIR bulbs, the low beams are brighter, have a sharper cutoff, and have good distribution of light. They are superior to the factory headlights.

High beams are decent, but probably due to the same wattage bulbs in the low beams, they just don't seem as bright. I consider the high beams in the factory headlights to be excellent, I would rate these as good. I have 100w bulbs that I plan to swap in someday, just haven't gotten there.

The corner bulbs that ship with the headlights were plain bulbs, which makes no sense. I swapped them out with orange bulbs.

Wiring is up to the end user. I found harness extensions that I cut and spliced into the headlight wiring so that they would plug into the factory wiring. That has worked out really well. I did not hook up the halo or led lights, they seam tacky to me.

Construction is really pretty good, just a step below OEM. I have them installed on my '93 at the moment, but ran them on my '95 for awhile too. They fit the same. They mount using three of the four factory mount points. Seems to work just fine.

Last edited:

Exhibit 1.) Dual Halo's

View attachment 2251311

View attachment 2251312

View attachment 2251314

What websites is the DEPO and the Spec-D from?

why not try to get a used set from the classified section? 1 they'll fit perfect, 2 imo great light pattern that benefits from either hir or led bulbs, 3. the glass lense will outlast any of the plastic that's on the market, 4. plug and play no mods required

why not try to get a used set from the classified section? 1 they'll fit perfect, 2 imo great light pattern that benefits from either hir or led bulbs, 3. the glass lense will outlast any of the plastic that's on the market, 4. plug and play no mods required

I keep scouting hoping something will pop up. Really hoping for one of the 4-light aussie kits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom