Headlights - Bulb positioning/output direction (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have looked for other threads addressing this, but cannot find anything. I bought a 2004 LX 470 a few months ago and am loving it. My driver side headlight output seems to be pointed to the sky while my passenger side is much lower. I can see it when I pull into my driveway the main beam center is much higher.

2 Questions:

1. How do I fix this?
2. Where/how high should they be? I imagine there is a point where they are blinding other drivers.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have looked for other threads addressing this, but cannot find anything. I bought a 2004 LX 470 a few months ago and am loving it. My driver side headlight output seems to be pointed to the sky while my passenger side is much lower. I can see it when I pull into my driveway the main beam center is much higher.

2 Questions:

1. How do I fix this?
2. Where/how high should they be? I imagine there is a point where they are blinding other drivers.

Any help would be appreciated!
I would first check that the bulbs are securely fixed in the socket.
Then if adjustment still needed there are plastic (I think white) knobs that can be accessed to adjust up & down. Be careful with them they can break easily ask me how I know.

Last edited:
Also check the bulb itself and make sure it's pointed straight out of its base and not bent up or down. I did that to one of mine trying to get it back in the fixture and the beam pattern was all wonky till I realized what happened.

Good advice above. Depending on year, the bulbs only fit in in one position. You can first make sure both element are facing the same direction, up or down. Next, is the height/level adjustment done either by a wheel or a screw. Generously lubricator the turning mech towards the bottom of the light (worm gears) and turn slowly, this adjust the whole reflector. Do this at night about 25 feet away from a white wall. The driver headlight should be slightly lower to account for incoming trafffic and better clarity in front of the driver where the passenger light is more towards the middle of the lane and can project slightly further. Look online for good light patterns to shoot for.

Awesome. Thank you for all the advice. I will get to it this week!

Thanks for posting this! I have the same exact issue with my 2004. Does anyone have a link to the instructions, or pictures? Am just getting back into these trucks and i'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!
FSM has instructions for aiming the housing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom