Headlights 1995 fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks like the PO attempted the direct relay to the headlights in an effort to get more light.

This uses the switched circuit to switch the relay and there supposed to be a much larger red wire direct from a fused hot source to the relay and back out to the headlights.

The goal is to improve the voltage to the headlights.

Horribly botched job though.
ok cool, I will look for that fused link, if I cannot find one I am in the process of building an entire extra fuse block/relay block for all my add ons so it will be no problem for me to add a fuse and run new wires.
I still only get light out of the headlights when the brights are on. Do you think he wired the low beams to the bright wire? I will test them to see. No biggie. I got some butt splice/shrink tube/solder all in ones coming tomorrow. Gonna see if I like them or not. Otherwise I will just buttsplice/shrink wrap. I don't think they need to be soldered.

No, not at all stock.

You need to track the original wires from the harness to the headlights. Use the FSM EWD to confirm which wire is which.

I hate it when people butcher things like that.
What do you think that is in the 3rd picture? I haven't attempted to follow them anywhere, I just noticed them when I was looking at the botched job. I can't imagine they are stock.. I was thinking the po had some additional lights that are not still on it.

What do you think that is in the 3rd picture? I haven't attempted to follow them anywhere, I just noticed them when I was looking at the botched job. I can't imagine they are stock.. I was thinking the po had some additional lights that are not still on it.
Hard for me to tell from that pic, but pretty sure not stock. There's a lot of wasted wire in that bundle.

Did the best I could cleaning the right headlight without baking it. Got all the wires fixed up nicely, soldered with some all in one shrink wrap/solder and put an extra bit of shrink tube over each one. Just to be doubly safe.

20200303_160556.jpg

20200303_160541.jpg

Try some Dawn dishwashing liquid and some dry rice (not minute rice) with warm water. Dump some in there, swoosh it around a bit, to let the rice scrape and clean, the dump and rinse well.

Will smell like the the rice burner it is when your turn on the headlights.

Try some Dawn dishwashing liquid and some dry rice (not minute rice) with warm water. Dump some in there, swoosh it around a bit, to let the rice scrape and clean, the dump and rinse well.

Will smell like the the rice burner it is when your turn on the headlights.
Thanks man. I will see how it works on that still dirty left light tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom