Headlight washers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like a lot of people, my headlight washer squirters leak and drain the reservoir. I’ve heard talk of a stuck valve, but I have no clue where to find the valve. Is it in the pump? Is it in the individual sprayers? I’m waiting to get my engine back and trying to track down all the small gremlins in the meantime

The headlight washers have a check valve that’s installed inline to the sprayer. See drawing. When the valve rots out, the water dribbles out.
Of course the original valves are no longer available, but I bet something else could be made to work. It’s just a check valve.

DA75EF15-4D22-4ABD-8390-C231ACF6960A.png

The headlight washers have a check valve that’s installed inline to the sprayer. See drawing. When the valve rots out, the water dribbles out.
Of course the original valves are no longer available, but I bet something else could be made to work. It’s just a check valve.

View attachment 2830023
Thanks for the info…. So as I’m looking at the hoses going from pump to “T” and then out to each squirter, . There is no valves…. Just hose all the way to each squirter fitting. Maybe PO removed…. I’ll look for valves to replace the originals…

Thanks for the info…. So as I’m looking at the hoses going from pump to “T” and then out to each squirter, . There is no valves…. Just hose all the way to each squirter fitting. Maybe PO removed…. I’ll look for valves to replace the originals…
30+ year old truck. all the rubber and plastic components get brittle or dry out and fall apart. Very likely someone cobbed it together at some point...possibly even to pass a safety inspection. Many states with safety inspections require all original equipment to work. Luckily these components are so common in the auto world that if you cannot source the OEM parts I bet you could find everything you need at a NAPA or an advance auto etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom