Headlight washer check valve (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

POTATO LAUNCHER

TLCA #6928
Threads
What are my options for replacing the check valves on my headlight washer nozzles? Thanks in advance if there is a upgrade option..

Ouch, thanks for the info.

Coincidentally, I just dealt with this issue this past weekend. The Toyota part number is 85031–30020. If you Google that part number, you'll find plenty of Toyota dealers that sell the item for $35. I just bought a used one from cruiserparts.net for $15 plus $10 shipping.

Great find. Thanks for sharing your findings.

Great timing, I just fixed my washer bottle to find one of my valves free flowing, I got one coming from cruiser parts , thanks rig fixer

Last edited:
Another member indicated that Porsche also has such a valve for about $8. The photos on Google look very similar to the Toyota part, but may need a little jerry-rigging. I didn't want to deal with that, though, and spent the $25 just to get it done. I'll let you know how the used valve works once I get it and install it.

Another member indicated that Porsche also has such a valve for about $8. The photos on Google look very similar to the Toyota part, but may need a little jerry-rigging. I didn't want to deal with that, though, and spent the $25 just to get it done. I'll let you know how the used valve works once I get it and install it.
In my search I see this is used in several Toyota cars of that era as well so a bone yard might be a source for it, but it's 75 miles for me to the closest yard

Currently on the hunt to find another 80s Toyota that uses these check valves. I just cleaned my washer system and realized the passenger side nozzle does not have a check valve where the driver side does. Per the diagram, both sides should have a check valve and I believe would explain why my left side sprays more directly on the windshield than the passenger side. The little spring activated check valve slows the stream down just a bit to keep it from becoming a lazer.

EDIT:

I need to check this out but it appears the Mazda washer check valve is close to identical and is OEM. Ideally I could get one locally so I can compare.

FA54-67-508

Genuine Mazda Miata, Protege & 5, Millenia Washer Check Valve FA54-67-508 | eBay

Last edited:
Almost, the sprayers are below resevoir level. The check keeps you washer tank from siphoning out the nozzle. I was able to repair mine with a good viniger soak. It requires quite a bit of pressure to get it open. They do work well now.
Im sure as long as the hose fits any make would work.

Alright mates. Got my new used headlight washer check valve from cruiserparts.net and installed it. BINGO! I've got my headlight shower back. Now I see that the reservoir is leaking where the pump enters the reservoir. The rubber washer is the culprit. Anyone have one to sell? Should I just use some bath caulk to seal it?

On the pump/ reservoir I used clear silicone with the rubber washer and it worked fine be sure your clamp around the pump is holding it in place firmly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom