Headlight Seals (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m looking for the rubber seals for my headlight buckets, can anyone point me in the right direction.
thanks, R

D07FD5E0-B22B-46DD-90FD-76199B10B676.jpeg

873C93EF-C517-4BF0-9E28-09BAA275E2FB.jpeg

I’m looking for the rubber seals for my headlight buckets, can anyone point me in the right direction.
thanks, R

View attachment 2350648

View attachment 2350649

WELCOME To MUD ....... :)

only solid core pre-71 headlight buckets had call-out letter L ,

81117-60020 ,
PACKING , headlamp housing

it was indeed a rubber flat weather strip gasket type approach .......

72-84 NO packing , open style buckets like you have in you pics

fyi.............

C07EDB34-F90B-4398-95DA-A3E071F61F33.jpeg

3395E383-A12D-4D46-8B23-EABF34E7C159.jpeg

WELCOME To MUD ....... :)

only solid core pre-71 headlight buckets had call-out letter L ,

81117-60020 ,
PACKING , headlamp housing

it was indeed a rubber flat weather strip gasket type approach .......

72-84 NO packing , open style buckets like you have in you pics

fyi.............

View attachment 2350922

View attachment 2350923
I recently bought those rubber seals from simonp7439 on eBay " Landcruiser FJ40,FJ43,FJ45 Headlight bucket gaskets 1963-1971 Restoration Part. ". This eBay seller is located in Australia and I'm not sure if he posts to international destinations but you could at least ask him. Good luck.

I recently bought those rubber seals from simonp7439 on eBay " Landcruiser FJ40,FJ43,FJ45 Headlight bucket gaskets 1963-1971 Restoration Part. ". This eBay seller is located in Australia and I'm not sure if he posts to international destinations but you could at least ask him. Good luck.

are you in Melbourne / down in OZ right now as we speak ?

ok kool ,

why is there such a drastic supply chain issue between then Yank's and OZ now as opposed to other Oceania area Countries ?

i have basically NOT been able to place any AU related stock orders at all ?

i also noticed Most or all of the Vintage Toyota Related Vendors on Yankie Ebay have diapered too , simply all vanished ?

however , there is still 72 hour or less liquid shipping flowing back and forth to the Saudi Spec. Region for example ...

it baffles me and my only option seams to be a $75 us and above shipping fee through UPS even on a small box of feathers .......

any thoughts on this

thanks for any valued input @fj40au

matt

ok kool ,

why is there such a drastic supply chain issue between then Yank's and OZ now as opposed to other Oceania area Countries ?

i have basically NOT been able to place any AU related stock orders at all ?

i also noticed Most or all of the Vintage Toyota Related Vendors on Yankie Ebay have diapered too , simply all vanished ?

however , there is still 72 hour or less liquid shipping flowing back and forth to the Saudi Spec. Region for example ...

it baffles me and my only option seams to be a $75 us and above shipping fee through UPS even on a small box of feathers .......

any thoughts on this

thanks for any valued input @fj40au

matt
I've noticed the same trend and it is a lot more difficult to source FJ40 parts than a couple of years ago. Not sure why though, there are plenty of FJ40 style landcruisers here in Oz, maybe only the later models and not the 60's and early 70's? I've got a similar issue with extremely high postage when ordering from the US. Sometimes the postage is more than the price of the product and unfortunately I had to decide not to buy a part from the US. Australia Post and other courier companies seem to make a killing now these days on shipping costs. The Saudi region seems to be an emerging market for FJ40 parts, have seen a few interesting parts now and then from that region and the postage seemed to be reasonable. Not sure where this is heading, COVID-19 certainly doesn't help as there will be less shipping movements at likely higher prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom