Headlight Replacements (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for aftermarket replacement headlights for my 12/72 FJ-40. Anyone going with any type of LED?

Any recommendations from you?

I went with these from City Racer, and have been very happy with them.

Guy

I went with these from City Racer, and have been very happy with them.

Guy

Me too. 3 years now on my City Racer headlights. No complaints here.

Thanks folks, I will check both of these options out. Glad to be back on the forum and updating my rig.

Thanks folks, I will check both of these options out. Glad to be back on the forum and updating my rig.

I offer a unique option to consider , you will not find any where else , a 100% Glass made in japan semi sealed beam housing to Boot !

MY oem KUSTOM KOITO kits WILL stand the test of time and my 100% sealed , water proof LED Bulbs are the Top Tier availble on the market today in my opinion , please explore the below link ,

PM me with any questions

Thanks
matt

1597189822886.png

1597189849622.png

1597189909989.png

7903 - Copy1.jpg

Toyota makes a HSSB upgrade. Best $35 I spent on my 60 and my 40. Pretty popular kit amongst the 60 crowd. Includes upgraded wiring harness and glass bulbs. 1 banana job. Incredible deal.

Here is the part number if you want to google it for pictures and/or purchase: 81110-60P70

About 35 bucks from a Toyota dealership. About $13 from Partsouq.

Here is a link of them being tested in a 40 with different bulbs. LED's may not be great if you drive your truck in the winter, as they don't warm up the lenses enough to melt freezing rain/snow/ice and it accumulates on the light housings.

Last edited:
Toyota makes a HSSB upgrade. Best $35 I spent on my 60 and my 40. Pretty popular kit amongst the 60 crowd. Includes upgraded wiring harness and glass bulbs. 1 banana job. Incredible deal.

Here is the part number if you want to google it for pictures and/or purchase: 81110-60P70

About 35 bucks from a Toyota dealership. About $13 from Partsouq.

Here is a link of them being tested in a 40 with different bulbs. LED's may not be great if you drive your truck in the winter, as they don't warm up the lenses enough to melt freezing rain/snow/ice and it accumulates on the light housings.

Jan 1 2020 this past ,

TOYOTA did / had a super rare thing and applied a 94% price point increase to the US market by increasing the usa and canada markets
to a MSRP currenty at $58.21 as of 10:09pm EST today

they never sold for $31 even upon first day offering jan 2019 , msrp was closer to $39

so : $39 vs $58 = in my mind a 99% or double TAX on the land cruiser community once again and a ROYAL SHAFT by TOYOTA Japan ......... , there long term loyal and life time product followers :confused:

Last edited:
Rigid Trucklites. Really high performance LEDs. I saw they come on Icons and FJ Co stuff so I gave them a go. They are impressive, comparable to the factory LEDs on my '19 Tundra. I've seen them on Fleabay for up to $600 a set, but some diligent searching will reveal the same model number for $360ish.
20200731_204223.jpg
20200723_202222.jpg

i have a set now, and am exploring another style from vintageteqparts.com
Not exactly sure if this is what we have here, but I am sure that it is not desirable to but an LED chip "bulb" in a reflector housing designed for an incandescent bulb. Chips work different and in the wrong reflector will cause some very hot points of light with poor diffusion of light between the hot points. It takes some extra math to make the led reflector work right.

Rigid Trucklites. Really high performance LEDs. I saw they come on Icons and FJ Co stuff so I gave them a go. They are impressive, comparable to the factory LEDs on my '19 Tundra. I've seen them on Fleabay for up to $600 a set, but some diligent searching will reveal the same model number for $360ish.View attachment 2401426View attachment 2401430
This model number.
Screenshot_20200814-061835_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200814-061835_Chrome.jpg

I'll chime in as another happy user of the CityRacer LED option.
Those CityRacer lights look identical to the Rigid lights I bought, just a way better price point. The Rigid design looks to have been picked up by a different manufacturer who let Rigid do all the math. I'm sure they are a solid choice as well.

Awesome thanks for this. I was able to order from my local dealership for $43 + tax.

Awesome thanks for this. I was able to order from my local dealership for $43 + tax.

Awesome. It's literally the best thing I've done to both my trucks. With everything you get, the kit should easily be at least $150-$200. Pretty much the best deal on any Toyota part. You won't regret it!

I have a 67 FJ40, doing a frame off and Just Got an awsome set of Halogens with all the wiring, kotto OEM from City Racer for under $50. Great service too.

Awesome. That's the kit I mentioned. Didn't realize he sold it! Glad you purchased it, you won't be disappointed. It's a great deal, and glad that you supported Roger at City Racer. Great dude and customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom