Headlight replacement bulbs ?????

Couple of quick questions from lurk mode......

1) What is the factory Hi & Low beam wattage?
2) Quality aftermarket replacement bulbs? / wattage available?
3) Can the lighting enclosure handle the temperature / heat increase?

All my other cruisers run Hella's w/H4's, which gives a nice crisp 130watt Hi & 100watt low beams. I noticed that Hella only sells replacement 90005/6 bulbs in 100 / 80 watt configuration.

I just purchased Christo's head light wiring harness, and was wondering if there are other replacement bulbs and / or large wattage?

:beer: :beer:

Joe

Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
Joe, although I run stock bulbs and wiring, I believe that you should be able to upgrade the bulbs to the Hellas if you also upgrade the harness. I have not heard of any problems with the enclosures when bulbs are upgraded.

-H-

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus
Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Stock is 55 low, 65 high

I have seen the PIAA superwhite bulbs reccomended on other discussion threads. They have said they are worth the money in brightness.

I put in a some generic "superwhites" from the auto store, about $15 a pair, a couple of years ago, they were better than stock, and with Christo's harness upgrade are even better and are still burning. I also run with the lights on always and it is my daily driver.

I just upgraded mine to the wiring harness from Christo and also the IPF #9005 headlights. WOW 8) The wiring upgrade is a 1 :banana: job. The harness is about $40 but the lights about $105 (then again the PIAA's were $90) We went out to the Smokies and the new lights made a huge difference.
HTH.

I just upgraded mine to the wiring harness from Christo and also the IPF #9005 headlights....

Ditch, what is the output of the IPF lights? I would love to havr the light that I run in my motorcycle - 100W high and street-legal 55W low.

Cheers, Hugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom