Headlight replacement bulbs ?????

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by Big_Moose, May 17, 2003.

1. Big_Moose

Big_Moose

Couple of quick questions from lurk mode......

1) What is the factory Hi & Low beam wattage?
    2) Quality aftermarket replacement bulbs? / wattage available?
    3) Can the lighting enclosure handle the temperature / heat increase?

All my other cruisers run Hella's w/H4's, which gives a nice crisp 130watt Hi & 100watt low beams. I noticed that Hella only sells replacement 90005/6 bulbs in 100 / 80 watt configuration.

I just purchased Christo's head light wiring harness, and was wondering if there are other replacement bulbs and / or large wattage?

:beer: :beer:

Joe

2. Hltoppr

Hltoppr

Media:
    Albums:
    Port of Indecision...otherwise Northern Arizona
    Joe, although I run stock bulbs and wiring, I believe that you should be able to upgrade the bulbs to the Hellas if you also upgrade the harness. I have not heard of any problems with the enclosures when bulbs are upgraded.

-H-

3. cruiserdan

cruiserdan SupportingVendor Emeritus Moderator

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
    Stock is 55 low, 65 high

4. DRTDuck

DRTDuck

I have seen the PIAA superwhite bulbs reccomended on other discussion threads. They have said they are worth the money in brightness.

I put in a some generic "superwhites" from the auto store, about $15 a pair, a couple of years ago, they were better than stock, and with Christo's harness upgrade are even better and are still burning. I also run with the lights on always and it is my daily driver.

5. Ron_Z.

Ron_Z.

I just upgraded mine to the wiring harness from Christo and also the IPF #9005 headlights. WOW 8) The wiring upgrade is a 1 :banana: job. The harness is about $40 but the lights about $105 (then again the PIAA's were $90) We went out to the Smokies and the new lights made a huge difference.
    HTH.

6. CDN_Cruiser

CDN_Cruiser

Ditch, what is the output of the IPF lights? I would love to havr the light that I run in my motorcycle - 100W high and street-legal 55W low.

Cheers, Hugh

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.