headlight reminder? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is there supposed to be a headlight on reminder on a JDM HJ61? If so, where would the relay be? Is that what the little speaker/chime is supposed to be for above the the drivers side (RHD) door?

Is it? Darn.

That's not going to remind me to turn off my headlights then is it? (He says with two dead optima batteries)

silvercrusher said:
Perhaps you could use this and at 25 bucks you can't go too wrong. After all who forgets to turn off the lights at night?
QUOTE]

I've looked at that before. It uses a inductive pick up off of a sparkplug wire. So that wont work... ;)

And I had the lights on this morning while going to work, and left them on all day. :whoops:

I find that people are so used to daytime rumnning lights now, that if you don't have them, you are not seen.

Furthermore, if there is no one sitting where the driver is supposed to be (RHD), while proceeding down the road, the vehicle is thought be parked...

I didn't realize thats how those worked. Seems like an odd way of doing it. There must be someway of connecting the HL circuit to switch on with the ignition. That can't be too hard. I never thought how some people would see the RHD thing. I'm sure you are right.
I remember a winnibego that looked like it had 2 front ends it was kinda unnerving to come up behind.

I am not familure with Cdn spec HJ60's. Do they have the headlight reminder? If so, where does it tie into the harness? Wondering if me Potatoehead Toyota would have the same connections on the HJ61 harness.

My BJ74 does not have a dash dimmer, or headlight reminder either.

gb

JDM's don't need all that headlight crap, because the Japanese do not drive their cruisers in the dark, they pull out the cruiser on a nice sunny sunday! :D

none of the LJ71,BJ74,HJ61 have the dash dimmer, later today i will check the HDJ81 and see if it has oen but my gut feeling is nope...
cheers

myt CDN spec has dash dimmer

but no headlight reminder, it beeps for the keys in the idgnition though

a couple relays and a weekend project and your headlights can come on with the ignition. but I prefer to not have them on all the time.

daytime lights can normally be shut off by using the ebrake.

the inductive wire is there so that they are not on when you want to crank. imagine headlights and glowplugs on a chilly morning.

I would do the ignition to a relay and put a switch from a wreaker on my ebrake. that way it would interupt the field coil to the relay.

simple eh? in fact I would do all the tail lights as well. Then you only have to turn on the the switch for your interior gage lights and highbeams.

I got another project.

expat said:
silvercrusher said:
Furthermore, if there is no one sitting where the driver is supposed to be (RHD), while proceeding down the road, the vehicle is thought be parked...

:confused:

Or the driver is thought to be Mr. Invisible en route to a crime scene, or extremely short, or very narrow.

did the HDJ-81 have a dimmer in the end?

So what is the default brightness on all the instrument lights then for JDMs... full bright?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom