Headlight relay harness adapter (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Trying to figure this out but it's kind of weird due to Toyota reverse ground thing. I purchased a 9005/9006 adapter relay harness which grabs the signals from one side of the headlight harness and goes through the relays with additional power and the outputs to H4 plugs.

I have tried a few pinouts that I could find mentioned in the forums but no dice so far. Do I need to wire the relay grounds back into the OEM harness so the headlight switch will function properly? Have tried most of the Toyota diagrams that go over this subject but somehow it's still not working properly. (That and the diagrams show the relay grounds going to chassis.)

Problem is: when everything is plugged in my high beams don't function, no indicator on the dash either. This goes for constant on mode and flash. My low beans work fine.

The 80 already has relays for the low/high beams. There really is no point adding another level of 'stuff' on top of something that already works very well. Plenty of threads and recent posts confirming that the stock system works as well (or better) than adding in more 'stuff'.

cheers,
george.

Figures, will toss it in the box of useless stuff until a use presents itself later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom