Headlight protectors? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I use these on all my motorcycles and on gravel roads it's prevented at least one busted headlight for sure. The issue is usually approaching traffic on a gravel road will kick up a stone and when we meet the combined velocity can often approach 60mph, so a small stone can do big damage. I've never worried about this before because my 100 series has plastic headlights. But the 80 has glass and I like not having to polish them every few months to keep them crystal clear. So has anyone else found or used headlight covers (not the stupid tinted ones) to protect these glass (and expensive) headlights on their 80?

I found a place in Australia that sells them, but I'm looking at $130 or so to get them. I'm OK with paying that for them as it seems they are the only place that makes them? Just curious about others thoughts on the matter.

My 80 came with a stick on film, sort of like what you would find on cell phone screen protectors. Unfortunately I have no idea where they came from but I can say they work great. I cleaned them recently with the same cleaner that you use on plastic lenses and they really came out well.

I'm in Australia and have the stock headlight protectors, which are a thick durable plastic cover that snaps over the front, but they're for the separate quad lights. What style is on your rig?

Does anyone have any links to the protector they've used?

Do you have a link or a pic?
Well after reading the replys here I searched Jegs and found these:

The ones from AU are here:

But now I'm not sure if these will fit or not. First I have an LX so not sure if the lenses are slightly different and also unsure if AU had the quad headlights or not.

I have the solid one piece assembly, which answers the question. Looks like the AU covers won't fit. So I'll be checking out the GTS units to see if they will work out or not. Failing all of that I'll try some of that thick stick on material, but that's a last resort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom