Headlight Problem Help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GS 60

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi ,
What haver I done?
I using a probe to test the headlight grounds (one light was dim). I was using the probe to create a good ground on the ground pin of each lamp connector. I forgot that the drivers (LB Lamp connector) had been modified by the PO for the H4 system. Theerefore, what I thought was the ground pin was HB or LB voltage. There was no bang or sparks, the two drivers side lamps just died. The LB outer lamp as a slight about of light from it as per photo. Checked the bulbs, they are ok?
At this stage, I should say, I have an 88 JDM HJ61 24v with twin headlights.
Checked the two 15 A headlight fuses, they are ok, all fuses ok in cab. The blue HB indicator is also off? Is this a clue to the problem? Bulbs are ok. No real difference between HB and LB.

Everything was fine until I grounded the DC to the outer lamp (LB) via the probe?

What have I done?

Appreciate help as I use it daily.

Many thanks,

IMG_1221.jpeg

Trial and error time.
Do you have Flash to Pass at headlights?
I would start by disconnecting all light bulbs, test your circuits, check fuses and most likely a faulty ground will appear.
Plug in one bulb at a time, you can also remove fuses to see what happens.
If doing this alone find a place where you can see your lights or set up a mirror.

Trial and error time.
I would start by disconnecting all light bulbs, test your circuits, check fuses and most likely a faulty ground will appear.
If doing this alone find a place where you can see your lights or set up a mirror.
Thank you.
I have narrowed it down to something intermittent around the drivers side 15am fuse. The fuse itself is ok, but when I pushed it back in place after checking it, the lamps lit up for a split second. Further pushing on the the fuse lights them up.
Going to have a lot k at the fuse holder next.

Will let you know what I find

Many thanks

Trial and error time.
Got it, PO took a tap off the back of the RH head light fuse holder, just wedged in there and loosened the headlight feed. Now to find the bad ground on the LH Low Beam.

IMG_1236.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom