Headlight out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I spent some time online looking to see what it takes to install a new headlight/bulb. I originally thought it was a sealed beam, which it is, but I found plenty of contradicting diagrams showing a separate bulb and nothing for my FJ on YouTube. For anyone else just looking to replace the original style 7" round headlight in their LC, you can find them online anywhere from $8.99 and up. I purchased a Sylvania Halogen from Advance for around $25. Was able to purchase online and have it sent to the store. Took them 30 minutes to get it. Nice. With a thin philips screwdriver, loosen the three retaining screws from the front. You can see the screws set back if you look closely. Once loosened, turn the metal trim so that the screws line up with the larger end of the hole, pull forward, and fish it thru the plastic headlight trim. Then unplug the headlight from behind. The headlight will just fall out. Pretty easy. Reverse to install. A 15 minute job, if you aren't tempted to wire wheel everything with a bit of rust. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom