Headlight / Marker Light Issue (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My marker lights and dash lights quit working the other day. Forgot to fix it until i was driving at night last night. Turn signals, hazards, brake light and headlights work, just running/marker lights and dash lights not working.

Found my headlight fuse was blown today so I replaced it. Turned on the headlights to check if the marker lights came on. Fuse got extremely hot and melted the solder. Any idea what to check? Bad ground? where should I check?

almost always a ground issue. The marker lights ground to the body so I am thinking you have a bad ground or a hot energizing your body. I am not a wire wizard so take it with a grain of salt.

Figured out the problem with the marker lights. I inadvertently connected the male and female ends of these two wires while reassembling everything after paint. Any idea what these two wires are meant to go to? The only thing I can think of that is not working is the key cylinder control for the rear window, but I don't think there are any other open ended wiring back there.

IMG-0154.jpg

@bobm they actually were plugged together and it was causing problems. Not sure what they are there for. I thought maybe they were for the key activated tailgate window. Took the tailgate apart today and can't see anything that is not connected. I've been trying to get that rear key cylinder to operate my rear window without success any ideas? My ignition key will turn the cylinder 1/4 turn. I thought maybe there was another key for that cylinder that I lost so I had a local locksmith come out to make me a new key. He determined my ignition key is the correct key to control it. But, it does nothing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom