Headlight Help.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need some help here people and it's going to be a very long shot if anyone can find what I'm looking for -- here it goes:

Anyone have in their possession an original (and this is the hard part), ORIGINAL, OEM, straight from the factory original as it came on the vehicle when new, headlight for a '60 series?

What I am after are some numbers that are molded into the lense face that are the specifications for aiming the headlight. When looking at the lense face, there will be 3 glass nibs or nipples protruding from the surface of the glass. They are arranged in a triangular pattern, with one on center at the top, and the others located at the bottom of the lense. The aiming specs are located either next to the nibs or typically in the lower left hand corner of the lense face.

If there, they should be in a format similar to this:

Example: 17V - 11H

where the V number is the spec for the vertical adjustment and the H number is the spec for the left-to-right adjustment. You will NOT find these numbers on an aftermarket replacement lamp as these numbers were spec'd at the factory at the time of manufacture and can only be found on the original lamp lense.

Toyota central in Torrance, CA was unable to assist with the specs and unfortunately without them, my alignment tool is completely useless (but that's another story ;) )

Many thanks if you can be of help - I realize I may as well be looking for a BB in full grain silo at night without any lights, but hey, you only live once :D

-dogboy- '87 FJ60

hmmmm.....I'll check

I've got lots of original, OEM parts on mine...I'll check tonight...

So, you've got an alignment tool? eh? cool.

CardinalFJ60

CardinalFJ60 said:
I've got lots of original, OEM parts on mine...I'll check tonight...

So, you've got an alignment tool? eh? cool.

CardinalFJ60

Thanks for the help Cardinal, I appreciate it...

Yeah, the alignment tool WILL be really cool if, and only if, I can find those specs somewhere, otherwise I will be the proud owner of one unique hunk of plastic and mirrors :eek:

-db-

original Koito on a 85 fj60
97968421.jpg

When I zoom in on this, I see 2D1 in the center top, above this is 2V 09 on the top center, 6R3 on the left side and what looks like 14 on the right side

In my hand I have a orignal fj62 rectangular Koito headlight high beem, but that prolly won't help you. but the #'s are 46H6 on the left side(looking at lens) on the right side is 43. Top center is 2R-11(I think this is what you need)

see there is a reason I wonder around taking pics of OEM headlights ;)

now I know you want to play with your new toy......but why? just aim em againt a wall, the headlight adjuster won't work on aftermarket lights......will it?

But have fun :)

John

there also must be a book out there with the headlight specs for most makes and models.

Landpimp said:
there also must be a book out there with the headlight specs for most makes and models.

One would think, but the manufacturer of the aiming tool couldn't offer any resource for tracking down those specs other than to locate an original headlight. Given that most of our trucks are about 20 years old, the probability of finding an original spec headlight is marginal at best.

Thanks for the pics John -- appreciate it :)

-db-

and yes, the alignment tool will work on aftermarket lights, even those without the nibs, BUT you've got to have those #%^& alignment numbers from the original light first. It can even make the correct adjustments to accomodate different heights of suspension/tire lifts, but AGAIN, you've got to plug in those f'in' numbers first.......

so simple and yet so impossible all at once :eek:

-db-

Skip the fancy tool and just do it the old school way. Truck square to a smooth wall, tape measure, and some masking tape. Headlights on and measure drop, center and side to side.

you know, just when you think you've found the magic elixer, you wake up with your head in the toilet bowl and a terrible hangover......

sometimes that "smoking good deal" really isn't, even though it's the coolest tool you've seen in a long time.... :(

thanks for the help and input people - I appreciate it...

-db-

I have a set of original headlights from my 60. PM me if you still need some data...

M

Old thread but I was looking here anyway. I have an original set. MIke

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom