headlight help, CDN spec HJ60, 81110-60P70 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

georgebj60

SILVER Star
Threads
I was thinking I would upgrade the headlights on my HJ60, so I purchased this kit, 81110-60P70. Yes, meant for an FJ60 I think, but my HJ has 12V headlights too so I thought maybe I can make them work. Plus, with the pricing what it is, it was pretty low risk.
But I have a couple questions. It comes with its own wiring harness, but I doubt that it will work on an HJ60 with the centertap headlights.
- Is it possible to run these lights with the stock wiring, or will that start fires?
- does anyone know what the wattage is of these units? I can't seem to find that.
- anyone used these in a CDN HJ60?

Thoughts? Comments?

s-l1600.jpg

Ok, duh. Looked at the back of the actual light and it says 12V60/55w. So I googled what's in the truck now, Sylvania sealed beam halogen. They're 55w.
The manual says 60/50w. I can't image the 5w difference would make these a fire hazard.
Any thoughts?

IMG_20200726_161914.jpg

That might be true of the 12V HJ's. What about the 24V variety, like mine - with the center tap headlights?

Seems to be more noticeable when it's cold
I havent studied the 24v, but generally the schematics are the same. Some markets have small differences due to laws or climate requirements. But its usually only at the ends of the circuit where it varies. Australian model 12v 7* use an identical schematic to the 6* series.
Its the cheapest way for Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom