Headlight Harness/Adapter Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tpizza01

Jedi WannaBe
SILVER Star
Threads
I've read through a number of different threads trying to find the answer to this but I think I'm even more confused now.

I purchased a set of Depo lights off Ebay that will require H1/H4 bulbs from 9006/9005
This is what I ordered: Headlight Set Crystal Clear For TOYOTA Land Cruiser 80 1990-1997 | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/193351007025

They do not come with an adapter.

I was originally going to purchase these from Unique Style Racing: 1991-1997 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80 Euro Style Crystal Glass Lens Headlights w/ Optional US Spec Plug & Play Adapters - https://www.uniquestyleracingstore.com/products/1991-1997-toyota-land-cruiser-fj80-euro-style-crystal-glass-lens-headlights-w-optional-us-spec-plug-amp-play-adapters-hltyfj8091cchr?rq=mk_toyota~md_land-cruiser-fj80
They come with an adapter, but I did not see an option for it separately. I wrote them an email and hope to hear back.

Reading through the threads, it seems that some are using a Slee Harness, others are using Innovative wiring, and some have their own modification. Innovative wiring is no longer in business form my understanding after a series of unfortunate family issues.

The Slee Harness seems completely different than what is shown on the website that I linked above and seems overly complicated (unless I'm mistaken?), and I was hoping to avoid all that.

My Question is: What do I actually need to make these work as plug and play?

Last edited:
After installing the Slee harness, I didn’t notice much, if any, improvement in headlight intensity.

I remove it and installed Depos loaded with Morimoto HID’s using the stock wiring. Huge improvement and haven’t felt the need to change lighting since.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom