Headlight gremlins in HJ-60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So here's a new one. My headlights won't come on. All aux and marker lights work just fine when I flip the headlight switch, but not the mains. Any suggestions?

headlight relay,any relay clicking? Fuses ok? Also check where the wiring splits off for each headlight

Ah - relay - should have thought of that right off. Thanks!

Kick me if I'm wrong . . . but I remember a couple of years ago when I lost one bulb . . . both didn't work. Both lights out with just one bulb bad.

So here's a new one. My headlights won't come on. All aux and marker lights work just fine when I flip the headlight switch, but not the mains. Any suggestions?

Cdn spec HJ60...correct? Check the center tap fusible link (should be at the battery). This wire powers the 12V dimmer switch (the funky switch/relay which controls the 24V and 12V evil center tap system).

hth's

gb

Cdn spec HJ60...correct? Check the center tap fusible link (should be at the battery). This wire powers the 12V dimmer switch (the funky switch/relay which controls the 24V and 12V evil center tap system).

hth's

gb

Im gonna store that one away for the next 12v vs 24v debate;)

Im gonna store that one away for the next 12v vs 24v debate;)

Hey roscoFJ73...You won't find me debating the pros of the evil 12V center tap headlight system on the Cdn spec 24V trucks. Tis an ugly thing indeed!

Far as I know, all the rest of the world that got 24V trucks were clean and pure 24V throughout. Much better that way. :D

gb

Far as I know, all the rest of the world that got 24V trucks were clean and pure 24V throughout. Much better that way. :D

gb

True in Norway (and the rest of Scandinavia). Why this bizzare solution for Canada?

I would check the relay, behind the driver's side kick panel. I just got a quote from the dealership for roughly $250cdn for a new one. Found a buddy with a wrecked truck. My low beams were coming on, but the not the highs. I held onto the relay when I changed from low to high and could feel it vibrating. Jason

77 fj45
87 hj60

I would check the relay, behind the driver's side kick panel. I just got a quote from the dealership for roughly $250cdn for a new one.
77 fj45
87 hj60

I used a Bosch unit from my parts shop ,$16;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom