headlight bucket question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
to anyone that can help or has advice i have been restoring my fj40 and have wanted to know is there an aftermarket solution the the headlight buckets or have any ideas on restoring them such as sandblast and powder coat or paint? please help me lol,
thanks,
thomas

You can buy from the Toyo dealer all new headlights with the buckets and everything. Mine were the same way.

Depends.....are yours rusted through or do you just have surface rust? I took my front bib to the sandblaster and the headlight buckets cleaned up really nice. When I got it back I shot it in POR 15 to get into all of the nooks and it turned out great.

If your buckets are shot then check out the classifieds section here or send a request out to the community and someone should have what you need.

to anyone that can help or has advice i have been restoring my fj40 and have wanted to know is there an aftermarket solution the the headlight buckets or have any ideas on restoring them such as sandblast and powder coat or paint? please help me lol,
thanks,
thomas

What year and model are they for? Not all buckets are still available new.:frown:

74 FJ40 but i had them sandblasted today for $20 because it was really only surface rust ill prime them today and i think they will work out really well thanks guys for all the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom