headers for a 93-97 80?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
can anyone find them?

on man a free they have then for the old 3fe engines but i cant find any for the 93 to 97 year range.

does anyone have any?

Downey did at one time, for the 93-94.

sad day, they would look so cool to since you can see them through the wheel well

Brett06 said:
sad day, they would look so cool to since you can see them through the wheel well

yeah and you could polish them up and they would reflect just like the 22s next to them

Downey is one of my accounts with the magazines. I spoke with Jim (owner) for quite awhile at the Off-road Expo Show last October. He said he made 20 of these headers and it took about 10 years to sell them. Last set went to either Man-a-Fre or SOR. He indicated that he could make more but he would need to have one of the original 20 to copy. There was no way he would go through all the R&D again only to sell a few units. If anyone has one of the original 20 PM me and I will see what I can do.

The 93/94 would also be slightly more complex than the 95+ models here in the US. This simply due to the PAIR valve pipes tying in to each ex manifold on the older models. Could be handled by designing them to be tapped and drilled for older models, and left solid on the newer models. Otherwise they're identical.

DougM

Newps said:
Downey is one of my accounts with the magazines. I spoke with Jim (owner) for quite awhile at the Off-road Expo Show last October. He said he made 20 of these headers and it took about 10 years to sell them. Last set went to either Man-a-Fre or SOR. He indicated that he could make more but he would need to have one of the original 20 to copy. There was no way he would go through all the R&D again only to sell a few units. If anyone has one of the original 20 PM me and I will see what I can do.

I would be interested in a set later this year if anything ever pans out. I've already redone the rest of my exhaust, headers would be nice. :cheers:

I would be interested as well.

I bought a set of Downeys for my 96 from Spector. I ebayed them in December, but they went awol in transit. I didn't bother installing them after less than stellar reviews from other board members.

well you have to know that there are disadvantages, they can cause alot of heat and they take up more room, which sometimes means they can burn wires and such.

Brett06 said:
can anyone find them?

on man a free they have then for the old 3fe engines but i cant find any for the 93 to 97 year range.

does anyone have any?
Is it worth installing headers? If it is, how many actually would be interested in buying one beside a handful? :confused:

The PO of my 80 had installed some but later removed them. I question him about them after seeing the invoice when they were removed and he said they were POS with nothing but problems. The invoice was for removing them and I never asked who made them. The complete exhaust was upgraded at the same time the header was installed and he also said that there was no notable difference when they were removed.

sea2skydad said:
I bought a set of Downeys for my 96 from Spector. I ebayed them in December, but they went awol in transit. I didn't bother installing them after less than stellar reviews from other board members.

Makes me wonder if that was the last set?

I'm going to start another thread to see how many Cruisers are interested in buying headers. Right now the only options you have is to custom build or order one from Australia for a lot of dough. :frown: If we can have more than 60, we might be able to do it for half the price. :)

ch50.jpg

Heres some from Castle Auto in Au. and the link.
http://www.castleauto.com.au/hs_dbase/format_search.php?Y2hfaGVhZGVycy5pbmkrYWxsc2VhcmNo

Last edited:
what email address did you use,
i emailed them twice at info@castleauto.au and it didnt go through and got sent back

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom