Header question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a pretty bad exhaust manifold leak. Does anyone know of a decent header besides the SOR for $409? This is for an 87' FJ60 2F.

THANKS!:cheers:

I have a pretty bad exhaust manifold leak. Does anyone know of a decent header besides the SOR for $409? This is for an 87' FJ60 2F.

THANKS!:cheers:

I've been quite happy with mine from TPI. Been running it for over a year now with no leaks. Be sure and use two felpro gaskest from Marks Offroad during the install.

TPI4x4

If you get the SOR header don't buy their Y-pipe. Get a custom one made. Because mine doesn't fit that well, and it twists the headers slightly.

MAF 6-1 new style header. Love mine and sealed well with the cheap-o gasket they supplied me with.

I'm not liking the looks of that broken bridge mounting flange........that style tend to distort farther down the road.........

I'm not liking the looks of that broken bridge mounting flange........that style tend to distort farther down the road.........

The purpose of the divided flange is to prevent warping. I've read here on the forum in many cases where people will buy a cheaper, single piece flange header, and make a cut down the middle of the flange with an angle grinder as an improvement.

I've had mine on for 9 months with the paper thin gasket they supply with it and I have zero leaks.

Time will tell........

The tubing welded together at the collector is all that holds the two halves.......

Vibration plus some rust will eventually kill it.....

Thanks guys, I guess I'm leaning towards the MAF. I'll also do a search on TPI to see what kind of luck people have had with those.

Time will tell........

The tubing welded together at the collector is all that holds the two halves.......

Vibration plus some rust will eventually kill it.....

Agreed.

I bet by splitting the flange it reduced their cost, and if the header doesn't live long they're in a position to sale more product.

So what was wrong with the first generation header?

I have 2 of the old style going on 5 yrs each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom