1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Header question

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by huntsonora, Aug 27, 2006.

1. huntsonora

huntsonora

I have to do an exhaust job on my 60, I was thinking about putting on a MAF header when I do it. How will this effect my emissions? I live in CO and they are pretty strict. I dont want to spend a ton of money and find out I cant get it registered up here.

Also, anybody that has a header, what kind of difference do you see in the way the truck drives? Better mileage, response? Is it worth doing?

Drum

2. Idaho Cruiser

Idaho Cruiser

bump to your post, i am also interested in headers, but could care less about smog... ha ha

3. Tinker

Tinker

The 6-2-1 ceramic allegedly has provision for the air pump input. It's legal in Colorado.

Only worth it if you are pulling the manifolds to fix the intake leak IMHO. But then it gives better power & acceleration.

4. www1221us

www1221us

Its probably legal here in Alabama too. My engine needs more power

5. Cruisergreg

Cruisergreg

Headers won't do much unless you remove the cat or at least go with a high-flow.

6. lcwrench

lcwrench

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">