Header Flange (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi guys,
I'm almost to the point of getting the tub back on my build, but realized it'd probably be easier if I got the exhaust all done beforehand.
When taking the truck apart, I threw away the exhaust from the header flange back, and now am trying to figure out how I'm going to do the new exhaust. I'm really tight on money, so buying a system is pretty much out of the question. I have a new 40 series flowmaster muffler, so all I need is the piping. Should I a:finish the build, then drive it to the exhaust shop for them to bend pipes with my muffler, or b:build my own system out of the random exhaust pipe pieces you can find at checker. Would that pieced together version last? A problem with that idea though is how can I bolt up to the header flange.
Any ideas on what route I should take?
Here's a link to something i found online that might work to bolt to the flange:
HEADER REDUCER KITS - JCWhitney Auto Parts

And here's a pic of the header I'm using. Thanks for any suggestions!
-Mike
DSC00105.jpg
DSC00137.jpg

Do you use the ball version? I was looking at a header adaptor mated to this to allow for flex in the system?

mikedickbek

Your engine is looking great!

The link leads to:
Hedman #500-21107

3-Bolt Flange Style Header Reducers
Pre-Welded O2 Sensor Fittings
3'' Diameter Collector
2-1/4'' Diameter Outlet
2/pkg

The braided coupler is a nice idea, but not necessary in a Cruiser w/ 4 almost solid motor mounts.

Thanks Jim and Coolerman.
So are the individual pipe pieces at the auto store decent? Will they be okay for a few years with just a couple exhaust pipe clamps and hangers?

I pieced together a system for my Pathfinder from auto store parts. That was 4 years ago. It still works fine though it's rusted badly. If you plan on replacing it in a couple of years I say go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom