head questions, 2F vs. 3FE (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
heyo-

so i just bought a 3FE injection setup and head this morning, i am STOKED! a stroked 3FE is on its way!

BUT-

in pulling the head out of my cruzah and taking a cursory look at the head, i am a little shocked to see that the thing looks almost exactly like my late model ('86) 2F head!

if i could put all the EFI stuff on my 2F head, i would prefer to. the head was ported and polished, compression is now about 9:1, and the valves were cleaned up nicely. it would save me getting a 3FE head gasket and new exhaust plumbing too, which would save me lots of cash.

i looked around a bit on the various archives that i know of and have found that the 3F (carbureted) was available in 1984. i have also HEARD that a new 2F head from toyota is the SAME as a 3F/FE head. i have also seen it mentioned that the compression in late 2F motors was higher than in the earlier models, implying there was a change in combustion chamber/piston choices. other than the volume of the combustion chamber, are there ANY differences? if all mounting studs are the same, all ports are the same, i would much rather cut the project down to just a wiring nightmare rather than an additional head job...

thanks for your time and knowledge!

e

Was just about to do it, but ended up not being able to right now cause the engine in mind ended up being parted out before I could. Love that carbuerator too much anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom