Head milled (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know a place in KC to get head milled, valves ground, valves adjusted/new seals installed?

I know Noland's does a nice joba and their price is appropriate, they just take a week to do it.

I'd like to find a place that could do in in a three day window.

no help on your question...but just wanted to say hey...how the heck have ya been?...good luck with the truck

osagecruiser

Rob- Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow. That's close to me as well, I'm at 74th & Ward.

Osage-

I'm good, since you didn't buy my truck (I know, I was never serious about letting it go) I'm going to do some work on it. Hope all is well down there. I may call you soon, my daughter wants to go turkey hunting this spring, so i need someplace closer (than were I go for my weekend) to take her for a day.

I talked with Carquest on Troost today, Ted is the machinist. He appears to be pretty knowledagable.

He said he could do valve job (grind and reset new with new seals) and grind head in a couple of days and is a little over a $100 less than Noland's.

Anyone else's input?

byran
come on down...jake killed one heck of a turkey last year...it was a giant...call me i will set you up with a good spot

marc

No advice, but just wondering for future reference, what was his price on the job?

Had my 2f head done a few years ago @ Competition Head Service on 23rd St. in Independence. Had 3 angle valve job done and milled head .080 to bump compression.

Nolands is the way to go
have had nothing but good work from them
there are others on this forum that has work done at
Nolands just about every week
great shop been there for years

I'm going to try Ted at Carquest. I talked with two trusted mechanics/service shops in my neighborhood and they send all their head work to him as well.

I'm dropping the head off in the morning, so will report back later in the week when it get it back.

I've done with the project for a couple weeks, but just now got my receipts in order.

Ted ad Carquest did a great job. Took me back and showed me his machines, etc. Commented a couple of times about how large the head was, said it almost wouldn't fit in his bath wash.

He tested the valve seats/pressure all were good, so I saved some money on grinding the valves.

Head milled .007, head jet cleaned, upper intake jet cleaned, lower intake jet cleaned, valve seals replaced. $165!!

I going to take him some heavy duty pans we use for fish frys to put in the jet wash, probably be $20!

I'm glad to hear he took care of you, he always has been good to me, even delivered some parts once to my house

pulling an old thread out... Need to find someone local or near to Columbia to do head work on Sammy's LX. Any suggestions?

Nolands has done a couple for me with no regrets.

Good to hear that Ted is still there and has done a 1fz head before.

Also you could check with your local NAPA, there's a good chance there's one in your area with a machine shop. I can tell you from experience they have one heck of a setup too. I guess its all that national funding they get. I had them do my 1FZ this summer, price was a bit higher than I wanted. $660 I think for milling, full valve job, cleaning, tipping the valves and installing new seats. I will say the truck runs great though and haven't had any problems or noises from the head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom