Head light problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need a little help here. I have one head light that won't work. I've changed bulbs (twice), and I've changed the fuses. What do I need to check next? I noticed the light was out during a trip to Death Valley. Not sure if all the washboard had something to do with it or not. I'm just hoping it's something simple that I'm not thinking of. Thanks,

Dustin

As only one headlight doesn't work you can eliminate the headlight switch and relay as they share the same relay. Make sure you are checking the correct fuse by pulling the fuse on the working headlight to see if it cuts out. If it does you can be fairly certain that you are reading the fuse legend correctly. Then it can only be the outgoing wiring from the fuse, connecting links, lamp holder or chassis connection. Its more likely a bad chassis connection. Toyota wiring and plugs are really first class so I would look elsewhere. If you don't have a multimeter or 12v test lamps, I would suggest undoing the chassis connections close to the headlights and cleaning them and the body mount with some sandpaper. You possibly will find a loose bolt.

Thanks, I got it working again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom