1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Head Gasket

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by Steel, Dec 17, 2003.

1. Steel

Steel

Does anyone have any suggestions about which head gasket to use on a 78 2f? The local toyota dealer wants $160.00:doh: I not sure which brands to trust.

Any advise?

Thanks

2. Poser

Poser Oh...Durka Durka Durka. s-Moderator Supporting Vendor

Media:
    Albums:
    Is that for the whole head gasket set? If so, that is not a bad price for all Toyota gaskets, which is what I would use. Have had the best luck with them over the years. Some aftermarket gaskets do not have all the holes in the correct locations, and block off coolant passages, and or could block off the oil passage to the valve train, not good. I am sure that there are others out there that have had good luck with non-oem gasket kits, but I would not go that way.

Good luck!

-Steve

3. bjowett

bjowett Supporting Vendor

I have a small pile of factory Landcruiser head gaskets (they came from local dealers NOS).... not sure what is what. I have 5 or 6 metal gaskets number 11115 60031 - pretty sure those are F, and I have some fiber gaskets that are 11115 60032. I just want to move em' out $15.00 each. syncroboy@hotmail.com

4. pvaman

pvaman

you could also call pac-lift.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">