Head gasket replacement question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only 2 days, leave it in. If you have time, without question, yank it. Everything is much easier to reach and work on with it out and you will never have a better opportunity to address the while you are in there items. Such as the rear heater hose piping, trans seal etc.

if this work is preventative ignore what follows -- if however you blew the head gasket make sure you replace the head bolts OR measure them per the FSM and REPLACE out of spec and marginally in spec bolts. My HG went at the traditional location - about 11:00 oclock on the no.6 cylinder. When I mic'd the head bolts ... the only one out of spec (ie stretched and 'thin') was the bolt adjacent the HG failure. Another one (or two -- cant remember now) was close to spec so they were replaced as well. The majority were still in spec so were re-used. Make sure you use anti-seize on everthing you remove (except internal bolts) ... it will pay big dividends later. Two days is very ambitious. I guess I just work a lot slower .. I did the rear heater bypass and of course used silicon hoses with the constant tension clamps for the heater lines and the PHH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom