head gasket replacement prep and exhaust Q's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BGMachine

Working on cars I can't afford
Threads
hey all,

My 80 blew it's head gasket last night so I've started ordering parts that I think I need. I ordered a head gasket kit / valving kit from cruiser parts as well as the distributor o-ring. Are there any other gaskets or o-rings that I need to order separately? Also, the long coolant pipe that runs down the exhaust side of the engine, does anyone know what that's called and where to find a replacement? Mine is very rusty and looks like it might fail soon. Also also, does anyone know where to get replacement exhaust manifolds and hardware? Mine are rusted badly enough that the heat shields have started to come off and I'm not sure how successful I'll be at removing the studs. Thanks for the help!

IMG_1564.JPG

If only you are local
1567318554672703559064.jpg
Seattle. Mike Stonebraker, the part manager at Lake City Toyota gave me Ih8mud discount.
List price $182.85 my price $146.28
You might want to call Onur Azery @beno, he'll help get any parts you need.

Nope, Beno is out of the parts business, we lost a good one.

If only you are localView attachment 2072476 Seattle. Mike Stonebraker, the part manager at Lake City Toyota gave me Ih8mud discount.
List price $182.85 my price $146.28
You might want to call Onur Azery @beno, he'll help get any parts you need.

You also might want to have the head checked out for warpage. Otherwise, your new head gasket won't last.

You also might want to have the head checked out for warpage. Otherwise, your new head gasket won't last.
There's a machine shop down the street that's done work for me before. I was going to have them flatten and clean it while it's off. I'll do what I can for the block but I am NOT pulling that out. woof.

I've ordered studs and started soaking things in PB blaster. I'll start teardown this afternoon.

Thanks for the links on the heater pipe. I can find it for $150 but yikes! It's one pipe! That's a little ridiculous but the truck definitely needs it...

Hopefully this goes relatively painlessly but I have a feeling rust is going to make this ruff.

Thanks for the links on the heater pipe. I can find it for $150 but yikes! It's one pipe! That's a little ridiculous but the truck definitely needs it...

you could always go to a shop and have them make you an exhaust pipe and fix other leaks in the pipe while their there.

ya looked again and I totally misread that as header pipe not heater. still too early with out enough coffee in me

what site did you order the gasket kit from

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom