Head gasket question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please post a picture of a "Toyota" head gasket (new or used) for a 78 2F. I ordered a gasket and am not sure if I received the right one. The gasket I received seems to be missing some water pasages.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

Do you have your old one to go off of? I went through the same thing just a couple months ago. The My old gasket (aftermarket) had a bunch of coolant holes blocked off, I ordered a new ITM (OEM) and it matched the old one. There was a number of passages blocked on one side of the head/block but I haven't had any sort of problem.

Did you order yor new gasket from Toyota? The OEM for a 2F will have copper reinforcement around the oil passage hole. Very important that you put it on right side up so as not to cover this hole. I wouldn't use anything other than the Toyota gasket.

Still not clear

The old gasket was an aftermarket gasket. So that is of no help.

I ordered the gasket from a vendor that quoted me twice that it is an original Toyota part. It does have the copper "ring" for the oil feed to the rocker shaft. But I had the understanding that any gasket surface that "touched" oil was copper ringed on the Toyota head gasket. The gasket I have only has the one copper ring. My big concern is the blocked off coolant pasages.

Thanks

Frank

They all block some coolant passages, as long as the one's in the rear are open coolant will flow the length of the head, Larry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom