Head gasket question?

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by 60/40GUY, Oct 31, 2005.

1. 60/40GUY

60/40GUY

Can someone please post a picture of a "Toyota" head gasket (new or used) for a 78 2F. I ordered a gasket and am not sure if I received the right one. The gasket I received seems to be missing some water pasages.

Thanks in advance.

Frank

2. folsom50

folsom50

Media:
    Do you have your old one to go off of? I went through the same thing just a couple months ago. The My old gasket (aftermarket) had a bunch of coolant holes blocked off, I ordered a new ITM (OEM) and it matched the old one. There was a number of passages blocked on one side of the head/block but I haven't had any sort of problem.

3. Robert LaDuke

Robert LaDuke

Media:
    Albums:
    Did you order yor new gasket from Toyota? The OEM for a 2F will have copper reinforcement around the oil passage hole. Very important that you put it on right side up so as not to cover this hole. I wouldn't use anything other than the Toyota gasket.

4. 60/40GUY

60/40GUY

Still not clear

The old gasket was an aftermarket gasket. So that is of no help.

I ordered the gasket from a vendor that quoted me twice that it is an original Toyota part. It does have the copper "ring" for the oil feed to the rocker shaft. But I had the understanding that any gasket surface that "touched" oil was copper ringed on the Toyota head gasket. The gasket I have only has the one copper ring. My big concern is the blocked off coolant pasages.

Thanks

Frank

5. brew8

brew8 SILVER Star

Albums:
    They all block some coolant passages, as long as the one's in the rear are open coolant will flow the length of the head, Larry

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.