Head Gasket Parts List (Inclusive) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am most likely going to have to have my 96 LX450 in the shop. I have 120,000 miles on the machine and would like to get this taken care of while it is down. I have a lender car for the next 10 days so now is best time.

I know to mill the head, clean injectors etc...but what else should be done at this point.

Quote is for $1700.00 but this includes head bolts which should be fine. The mechanic did not have a break down of what he intends to replace.

Thanks
Tom

Parts

Ok,
I know, search, search.

I have read and looked at lots of posts.
But I need to see if I can put a complete list together.

Belts,
Oil pump seal
injector cleaning
valve job
head mill
head gasket

What am I missing.
Tom

This is a case of "while it's apart".

The minimum requirerments are:
04112-66035
25627-66010
15785-66010
90099-14118

After that it's whatever your billfold is up to.

Headgasket plus most all of the "while you are in there" items including reworked head, oil pans and crank seal: $1424. Parts and machine work only. I did all of the labor myself.

Cost breakdown and parts list found here.

I am most likely going to have to have my 96 LX450 in the shop. I have 120,000 miles on the machine and would like to get this taken care of while it is down. I have a lender car for the next 10 days so now is best time.

I know to mill the head, clean injectors etc...but what else should be done at this point.

Quote is for $1700.00 but this includes head bolts which should be fine. The mechanic did not have a break down of what he intends to replace.

Thanks
Tom

Always replace the head bolts. They stetch over time so should be replaced when rebuilding top half

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom