Head Gasket DVD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried getting a hold of Idaho Doug for the head gasket dvd but had no luck. Does anyone have an idea how I can get a hold of a copy?

+2 for OTRAMM and FSM.

OTRAMM is the way to go these days.

👍 :wrench:

I watched all 4 OTRAMM head gasket videos this week and they made me think to myself "I don't think I want to tackle this project with the engine in the truck." Now I need an OTRAMM "how to pull out your engine and mount it on a stand" video :eek:

I am still in the middle of my head gasket saga, but OTRAMM made it quite a bit more manageable. THANKS!!!

The hard part is finding a reputable shop that is still taking work during COVID. Had to take mine 200 miles away, but they did a fantastic job and turnaround was less than 2 weeks.

I watched all 4 OTRAMM head gasket videos this week and they made me think to myself "I don't think I want to tackle this project with the engine in the truck." Now I need an OTRAMM "how to pull out your engine and mount it on a stand" video :eek:
I pulled my engine. Removing it wasn't too bad. I pulled the engine/transmission/transfer case altogether. Getting it back in was sort of a bear. Make sure you have a high garage or somewhere with good clearance so you can clear the vehicle. Also, get a heavy-duty engine stand.

No way its worth it to pull it unless you have a great shop and all the hoists and stands already. There's plenty of room to do the job with the the engine in.

I disagree. If I ever have to do it again - I'll pull the engine again. So much easier to reach everything and clean things properly. Also much easier to service items such as the PHH, fuel filter, oil pump, etc. Plus, in my case - I would have ended up having to pull the engine anyway as my #3 cylinder wall had some issues.

I disagree. If I ever have to do it again - I'll pull the engine again. So much easier to reach everything and clean things properly. Also much easier to service items such as the PHH, fuel filter, oil pump, etc. Plus, in my case - I would have ended up having to pull the engine anyway as my #3 cylinder wall had some issues.
^^^^^ 👍

Man....that's two us. I will definitely pull it next time. All the time spend under the truck, crawling across a belly board, struggling to reach into tight places. Not happening again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom