Head Gasket DVD done! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Idahodoug, Are you still around? I'm hoping you got my paypal payment and I'll be seeing a dvd soon. thanks

Ordered on Dec 23rd. It's been a month now and still have not received my DVD =(. Does anyone know what's going on?

If there is anyone who has the DVD, would you be willing to send it to me? I will post it online and will require a payment to access the video. Then as soon as @IdahoDoug comes back I will give him the money. (if something happened, we can either donate the money to family, or give it to the forum)

Seems like people haven't been getting the DVD for a few months now... I found some contact info for idahodoug (email) but he did not respond. Hoping he is ok.

Haven't received my DVD yet. Anybody got theirs?

@IdahoDoug Are you still seeing this thread? I see you login a few times in the site recently but still you haven't replied in this thread or even in your email. If you are not sending the DVD's anymore at least let us know and just give us a refund.

I ordered last December 23, 2016 and I have been extremely patient about this and I still am. Just want to know what's going on here.

Looks like @AlaskanLX450 was the last to receive the DVD on Apr 23rd. I think something happened to @IdahoDoug...

Would one of you guys be willing to send me a copy of the DVD? I am going to put it online and people can pay and get instant access. Then if Doug surfaces, all funds will be given to him. I am pretty good at finding people so I will try to find his family and get them the money. Otherwise if all else fails all funds will be given to ih8mud.com to pay for servers/hosting and maybe get rid of the SUPER annoying mobile ads.

@Hornd @jcardona1 @AlaskanLX450 would any of you guys be willing to do that?

Hey all,

I'll be doing a run of the Head Gasket DVD - it's finished and I'll be taking orders effective immediately. The DVD is $24.50 including postage to anywhere in the US - email me for other destinations (dmiller@fliptag.com).

It includes footage of the removal and replacement, including the time savers I found and other tips (leaving the intake manifold in the engine bay, etc) and is about 45 minutes long. It also includes a couple further refinements I discovered on the 2nd go around as well as:

- a complete tool list so you'll have everything on hand to do it.
- a complete part list and suggestions for easy additional PM things.
- a couple minutes of bonus footage from 1993 when I worked for Toyota Product Planning showing the first 80 prototype in the US on a trail with the then-new 93 model with lockers.

It's worth noting that you'll also be able to see how to remove literally everything else if you'd like to save money and service/clean the EGR valve, fuel injectors, throttle body, valve cover/gasket, alternator, etc. So, this would be helpful for other minor items as well.

Checks to:

Doug Miller/PMB217
2900 N. Government Way
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83814

PAYPAL: dmiller@fliptag.com

Include your return address in all correspondence.

Order in the next week or so and I'll get it to you in time to sit back and drink eggnog while watching it over Christmas.

Moderators - hope you can leave this 80s Tech specific item on till Friday and then move it to wherever you put this stuff. Thanks!!

DougM
this is a scam. i sent money over three months ago and still have not received the dvd.

Not a scam. Took me forever to get mine. @IdahoDoug is just super busy and this is not a priority for him. If you need the DVD now you can forward me your receipt to him and I will send you a copy.

I've offered to get his DVD online so people can buy it ondemand but never heard back. Maybe eventually we will get there..

I put the DVD online for those who dont want to wait for the physical copy. Just PM me if you want it, and I will have you email me your paypal receipt to make sure Doug got his money. I'll then send you a link to the video file and handout that comes with it.

I put the DVD online for those who dont want to wait for the physical copy. Just PM me if you want it, and I will have you email me your paypal receipt to make sure Doug got his money. I'll then send you a link to the video file and handout that comes with it.

Is this still the proper procedure to get ahold of one of dougs DVD's?

Proper, no. That would be paying him and waiting for the DVD. I have not talked to Doug about this, but I am making sure that every person I send the link to has paid him money. I am not charging for it as it's his content, just helping people get access to it earlier and not have to wait.

Money sent July 22nd, and no DVD still :(

Money Sent September 9th, DVD received today September 25.

Thanks again!

Proper, no. That would be paying him and waiting for the DVD. I have not talked to Doug about this, but I am making sure that every person I send the link to has paid him money. I am not charging for it as it's his content, just helping people get access to it earlier and not have to wait.

Utah, you still doing this? I'm working in Afghanistan and a digital copy would probably work best. I'll take a while to load of course but then I'd have it. Not sure if he will send a dvd to an APO address. I have Google drive and dropbox as well. Thanks.

Utah, you still doing this? I'm working in Afghanistan and a digital copy would probably work best. I'll take a while to load of course but then I'd have it. Not sure if he will send a dvd to an APO address. I have Google drive and dropbox as well. Thanks.
Yup still doing it. There was an issue with the upload so its not the complete video but I am working on getting the DVD re-scanned. But its got about 3/4 of the stuff there now.

Just forward me the receipt you get from Paypal when you pay doug - parker.boyack@gmail dot com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom