He wants 14500 for it what do you think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads

i think it's not a 60 series and maybe in the wrong forum?

but aside from that - i like that it has center locker - and a fridge? that's cool!!!

other than that - i know nothing about 80 series rigs - what they fetch, what their problem areas are? rust? too many electrics? too foo-foo?

no idea, but 14,500 is a lot of money for any of our old rigs - so it better be good for that many ducats!

just noticed that you joined the forum today - so WELCOME aboard (should have said that first)

i think there's admins/moderators - you can ask them to move the post - or post a new one in the 80 series forum and/or the diesel forum - and maybe just delete this one?

some folks might chime in here so no harm in leaving it - except for general house keeping and having threads be useful for the series they belong to.

I want a diesel... someday (hopefully next year mine gets a conversion)

The Diesel tech section would be your best source. I think that’s a good price. Many imported diesel cruisers go for that price and up. Since your in Japan parts and shops that work on Toyota diesels should be easier to find. If that was in Portland, Oregon with that price it would not last long. I swapped a Cummins 4 cylinder diesel in my 60 and love it. I looked for a HJ61before I bought my 60. After my gutless 60 I started researching engine swaps and knew I’d go diesel. I liked the Cummins swap because parts are readily available, sourcing a motor wasn’t too hard, my buddy knew a lot about 6bts and wanted to swap one in my 60 with me and they get great fuel mileage. I’d go drive it if it’s not too far away. I don’t think rust is an issue in Japan unless it’s been driven on the beach in the surf. I think it’s a great deal. Good luck. Welcome to MuD.

Hold off and find one with elec fr/rr fiff locks. If you want to wheel with later. Fair price though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom