HE production numbers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nuclearbeef

SILVER Star
Threads
Anyone know what the production numbers are for the HE?

Broken down by color?

I keep on seeing this question around the web. Out of curiosity, why do people want to know? It isn’t like they are rare, numbered, hand signed editions or anything. My old Amazon green 200 was more of a unicorn. Lol

I keep on seeing this question around the web. Out of curiosity, why do people want to know? It isn’t like they are rare, numbered, hand signed editions or anything. My old Amazon green 200 was more of a unicorn. Lol
Maybe. Saw mention of approximately 160 silver HE and 160 grey.

A different source mentioned 90% of the HEs were either black or white.

That would make the silver or grey pretty rare indeed.

But, the sources were less than “official”.

I was looking for the actual numbers. For all I know they made thousands of each color.

WSJ and some other sources say 1200 2020 Models that are all black and white. Maybe they doubled that number with the 2021, or maybe they made as many as they could in 2021 to cash in.

Here's a article that seems to be primarily sourced from a mud post.

Says 10% Silver, 10% Gray, and 80% white/black. If the above post about 160 of each is right, then that would mean they were planning to make 1600 for 2021.

I find it odd as well. Usually people equate rarity with value, and in some cases this is warranted. I'm not sure it makes sense on the LC200. I see it all the time in the Porsche forums when people are looking to buy or sell their cars. It gets quite old. They want to say its the RAREST and as such worth more. I don't blame them, money is money.

I had an BMW E36 M3 Convertible once upon a time that had a rare interior color option so was 1 of 36 produced with that color combo. I didn't pay extra for it, or sell it for extra. The rare color mostly just made it impossible to find replacement parts for the interior.

To me, rare colors just mean a color nobody wanted to buy in the first place. I once bought a Mercedes g500 in yellow with a yellow/black interior because it was cheap. I drove it for a while when i felt i needed some color in my life then had it wrapped in black. Sold it for $10k more than i paid for it. Im sure the yellow was a rare color - for a reason.

From a corporate Toyota engineer friend of mine, no break down by color. And he thought the 2022 number was not for the US market, he speculated they went to Canada.
These are model year numbers not calendar year.

Heritage Volume:
2019: 291
2020: 1202
2021: 1326
2022: 22

Adding them up equals a total of 2841 Heritage Editions.

See my Facebook Heritage Edition page, I am collecting information such as the above.

Vintage-style Land Cruiser exterior badge.jpeg

From a corporate Toyota engineer friend of mine, no break down by color. And he thought the 2022 number was not for the US market, he speculated they went to Canada.
These are model year numbers not calendar year.

Heritage Volume:
2019: 291
2020: 1202
2021: 1326
2022: 22

Adding them up equals a total of 2841 Heritage Editions.

See my Facebook Heritage Edition page, I am collecting information such as the above.

View attachment 3161114
Great information. I didn’t know that Canada received land cruisers. I thought it was only lx.

Grey and Silver 3 row Heritage Editions are indeed very rare.
Most of the Heritage Editions are 2 Row.

FWIW, once I did the calculations on the volumes, I felt very lucky to find the color/seat combo I wanted most waiting for me at the nearest dealer.

Would have gone for Amazon green if they had it on the lot, too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom