HDJ81's & Accessories (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

See the thing is that you aren't going to get anymore peak boost from the turbo without modifying the boost valve, bigger exhaust can't change that cos the valve will still work at the same boost. However you can make it spool up quicker because of lower pressure on the output which means a greater relative pressure differential between input and output which ultimately is the thing that controls spool up and lag (as well as size of the turbo unit itself.

That's as far as I understand it anyway.

Plus a bigger exhaust should help ultimately to reduce EGTs by allowing the hot gases to escape faster - again only as far as I have been told on that one.

the larger exhaust does reduce the EGTs , that has been proven time and again in my case...
cheers

The EGT's seem not to be in question. But what about that pre and post exhaust upgrade dyno testing? That would be most interesting. Although 1 engine as a sample is really only anecdotal. More data would be required for definitive proof. Regardless any dyno info would be interesting. I'm considering doing this at some point. But it's not going to happen all that soon. I know B&D diesel has dyno days....maybe I'll consider that. But for the data to mean much the data would have to be gathered close together in time, pre and post mod.

I haven't dyno'd the truck but having driven with the stock exhaust and then with the Aero exhaust - there is a very noticable difference in power. The sound is incredible too.

Martin - can you tell me how you like your X51's ?? Do they put out white or blueish light?

Dave, that might be but here in Canada when i priced out a missing remote it was $1200 last year...
i got a used one from Japan instead...
now that we ahve you and Mot to deal with life is much better...

Sorry about the delay just saw this - the X51's are excellent, and even better with relays (I have a 30 amp on each headlight). Very noticeably brighter than anything else I've seen except HID's. IPD apparently has something even brighter, but I haven't been able to find the link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom