HDJ81 Starter Rebuild

Happened a few days ago that my starter remained engaged after the truck started. It continued cracking the engine even after I turned the ignition off. Similar to what happened to "83bj60" here:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tec...156-hdj81-starter-run-wont-stop-cranking.html

I would like to rebuild it before it gets any worse and needs replacement (good luck finding a 24V starter!). So, I looked up the part numbers for the contacts and this is what I found:
28226-54220 (rebuild kit, Motor side)
28226-54320 (rebuild kit, battery side)

I checked a few dealers and the only part I can get is the second kit (28226-54320).

I was wondering if the terminals in the first kit (28226-54220) are interchangeable with any other Toyota model, or if there's another rebuild kit that can be used instead.

Cheers,

Website
www.raddcruisers.ca
Contacts and other parts are available at most any Auto Electric rebuilder... use Google for locations in Calgary, or talk to one of the guys from the RMLCA.

~John

I have a spare starter if you;re interested, I thought mine was going in Mexico and had friend bring it to me. PM me if interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom