HDJ81 starter motor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where are you guys sourcing the 24v starter motor for the 1HD-T? I’m not having any issues with mine just thinking about getting one to have on standby...
Thanks in advance for any help or information

Touch base with a rebuild shop.
Local shops know which parts are compatible which saves you the headache.
Sometimes its finding the right guy!

Just grab a starter rebuild kit (plunger and both sets of contacts), it takes about 10 min to rebuild once you've got it out of the truck. No sense buying a whole extra starter when it's that easy to service.

just thinking about getting one to have on standby...

I wouldnt bother. They rarely go out on the spot, They almost always give you a months/years of warning. Or just keep a rebuild kit handy as Ian suggested.
Making sure they get a good strong kick of power and an efficient fuel system makes them last a long time.

Just grab a starter rebuild kit (plunger and both sets of contacts), it takes about 10 min to rebuild once you've got it out of the truck. No sense buying a whole extra starter when it's that easy to service.

Any suggestions on where to find the rebuild kit? I’ll take your advice,and go from there.

Any suggestions on where to find the rebuild kit? I’ll take your advice,and go from there.

I bought the parts from partsouq.

2823517030PLUNGER, MAGNET SWITCH
2822654320STARTER KIT, BATTERY TERMINAL
2822654220STARTER KIT, MOTOR TERMINAL

i converted to 12volt starter. then i had room for aux battery best upgrade ever. theres a few write ups here on mud

12v starter here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom